or Connect

Posts by gini1313

Quote: Originally Posted by Kivgaen What a fabulous idea I'm trying to work out something that we could do instead of a movie, because we don't even do that in our house anymore, but maybe we could just do a picnic on the floor without anything "special". I'm sure my kids would love just doing something different for a change! I might have to copy your suggestion and give it a try this Sunday. What about a game night? We have a...
I rarely actually LOL, but you guys made me do it. I am glad I read this thread!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by tinybutterfly I really, really, REALLY dislike the puking smiley. I won't post it. And when someone else posts it I try to hurryupandreadwhattheypostedbeforeheSPEWS!!! I actually sometimes just skip the post altogether just so I win't have to see it!!! Sorry, NAK in the dark!!!
It does take quite a bit of pressure to stop the door. When we were test driving Sienna's, I tried blocking the door to see how much pressure it would take. I did reverse the door, but, honestly, it was sort of hard to do, and it bent my wrist back funny and it was sore for a couple of days afterwards. I now own an 08 Sienna, and none of my kids have gotten caught in it. I think I would try to be more careful and teach your children to not try to enter/exit when the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Black Orchid RE: Charity Care- most hospitals will not do that unless you are uninsured or your insurance company has refused to qualify the charges for coverage. Most are not permitted to offer charity discounts on deductibles and copay amounts. You should still try for it. My friend got charity care on the copays from an ER visit from her son, a surgery for him, and the OB care for having her baby...
Quote: Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan And I find those at our local discount store for $1.99 plus tax. Shop around...
Quote: Originally Posted by tinyblackdot We like this, use only a nickle size amount and wash ONLY the roots of your hair, then rinse and repeat, and then apply then squeeze all of the excess water that you can out of your hair and apply the conditioner to the ends. Hope that helps some. Just FYI, I don't know where you buy this, but at Vitacost, it is only $3.44 a bottle ;-) It was $6.29 at the link you...
I have never had rice-a-roni, but I made a crockpot dinner the other day that is similar to the chicken and rice casserole that you can make with cream of mushroom sauce (which I have never eaten, either, so I don't know how it compares). I am not much for that type of thing, but I think if you like ricey casserole/creamy rice dishes, it would be pretty good to you, lol. Definitely add more spices than the recipe calls for,...
My LO (7 wks) has been like that, too, until the past few days. He slept in the kozy on and off all day. He will take a good nap in the AM (in the kozy) if I am moving (vacuuming, cleaning, etc), otherwise just catnaps. I have found, though, that he seems to be less cranky the past few days if he takes a nap in bed. It is hard with my other two kids here, though. So, I have been laying down with him to nurse for about 30 minutes (with my three year old in and out of...
I have a cast iron belgium waffle maker. I LOVE IT!!! I have always hated making waffles until I got this one, and now I make good ones everytime... It is 90 years old, though (dh's great grandparent's neighbors gave it to them for a gift when his grandma was little and she is 90 now, what a cool story... they don't make stuff like that now), so is VERY well seasoned. I have a gas stove, so I don't know about the smooth cooktop.