or Connect

Posts by gini1313

Quote: Originally Posted by CarricksMom I love my Zojirushi. It is expensive, but I bought it used from a friend for $50 and that was about 5 years ago. We just had to replace the breadpan, the rubber was coming off of the bushings. It cost $55, so more than I paid for machine, but was worth it! I have one of these, too, and I love it as well. Just an FYI, though... After 2 years, we had to replace our breadpan as well, and when dh called...
Thanks for the thoughts. I went in for my induction on the 25th. It didn't go exactly as I would have liked, but I am not really one to dwell on things and mostly figure they go as they are supposed to go. I really thought that I was going to wind up with a c section for a while there, as I got stuck at 7 cm and a -2 station for over 8 hours. I wound up with an epidural, and after a 15ish hour labor (so on the 26th), Miles was born vaginally. My nurses and doctor...
I haven't posted here very much, but I really need people to commiserate with me, I think... I was due yesterday. I went in for my routine appt and my OB couldn't figure out position from palpation, so she did a cervical check (I was curious, too). I was 3 cm dilated and very soft, 75% effaced. But, she couldn't feel any presenting part, so she did an in office ultrasound and the little guy was transverse with his head on my right side, butt up by my ribs on my left...
I love my kangaroo korner adjustable fleece pouch. It is a little on the warm side for summer (although ds was born in July and I used it constantly the whole summer with him), but for right now, it is absolutely perfect for a newborn. I am bringing both mine and dh's to the hospital to use right after birth... http://www.kangarookorner.com Just FYI, though, I had a friend who got the cotton pouch and it wasn't nearly as nice... not the right amount of stretch.
Quote: Originally Posted by Karenwith4 Homeschoolers should never ever, ever ever, under any circumstances, make any kind of decision, or partake in any kind of analysis of how things are going or will go in February. Really..... Trust me on this. Lol... How about in February when mom is 9 months pregnant and we have had 3 colds in the last 2 months But... my ds (6) and dd (almost 3) fight alot as well. They both have strong...
I had contractions every 3 minutes or so (longer in the AM, shorter after a day at work) for about 3.5 weeks. This has happened in my other pregnancies, too. Then, they stopped earlier this week, I had a day of really bad cramping, a day with nothing, then they started back up again, but hurt more (had to stop and focus/breath) and were more like 7 minutes apart. I did that for 2 days in a row and then yesterday they were back to not really hurting most of the time... ...
Quote: Originally Posted by CrunchyKatie Just wanted to clarify the feeling validation thing with your example... When your DS wanted the blue pants, instead of telling him his other options and eventually ignoring him, say something along the lines of, "You want to wear your blue pants. You're upset because they are dirty." and see how he responds. Just reflect back to him what he is telling you. I was surprised by how quickly my son would move on after...
I measured 38 at my 36 week appt. I don't think ANYTHING means you are going to go early. I am definitely NOT getting my hopes up. Last time (with DD), I was dilated to a 5 at 37 weeks, and was SURE I was gonna go early. Nope, 40 weeks 3 days. This time, I just keep reminding myself that babies have their own time table and it is just useless trying to read anything into anything, lol...
They have relaxed the H1N1 restrictions at our hospital, so my kids can come now. I am planning to let them choose if they want to come or not. Ds was 3.5 when Dd was born and he was having so much fun at Grandma's house that he chose to wait until we were home to meet Dd. That was fine. We had time at home to get settled and then MIL brought him home to meet dd. This time, I am guessing that they both will want to come (ds is 6 and dd is almost 3). I think...
I felt sort of like that with my second. Well, my first was not intervention free, but I pushed for 3 hours and had a third degree tear. I was terrified of having to push for 3 hours again!!! Well, with my second (who was slightly shorter and heavier than my first), the labor was COMPLETELY manageable, pushing sucked (honestly) but only took 12 minutes!!! So, while I am trying to think of ways to feel better with pushing, I am not really dreading it because it can be...