or Connect

Posts by gini1313

I totally hear you. I wrote a long sob story about it all, but wound up deleting it because it sounded so negative, lol. I really want to stop working NOW, but i worry so much about the money. My doc has encouraged me to cut down at the least, and dh is coming to my appt with me today because he thinks I am doing too much and wants to hear what she says, lol. I know we could make ends meet if I stopped working, but it would be harder. Sort of makes me want to...
I am not wearing a maternity support belt, but I am wearing an SI support belt. My doc sent me to a prosthetic supply place (or something like that) and wrote a prescription for it. My insurance covered 80% of it (so I only had to pay $17), and they fitted me for it to make sure I got the right thing. They also had a maternity support belt they had me try on, but it wasn't right for the pain I was having. I have a friend who wears a maternity support belt from babies...
Lemme just give you a suggestion that you don't look down there after baby is born, either. At least for a long time.
I have had lots and lots of BH with both my previous pregnancies and now again with this one. With my first, I was on bedrest from 34 to 37 weeks because I was having contractions every 2.5 minutes (they started a week or so before that, but it wasn't until 34 weeks they put me on a monitor). They kept going until about 38 weeks when they pretty much stopped and I was induced at 39 weeks 4 days because my water had been leaking consistently for 4 days with no labor...
I have a career (RN), and I homeschool. I don't work traditional hours, and neither does dh, but together we both work and homeschool. I think it gets easier as the kids get older, too...
I wouldn't do anything. I am an average framed person (5'7", 140ish after kids ) and both my kids were over 9 lbs ( 9-2 and 9-6). I had a third degree tear with both, but I think my first was closer to a fourth degree and my second was closer to a second degree... I didn't (and don't) have gestational diabetes with any of my pregnancies. I just make bigger babies than some people do. My OB hasn't been worried about the size of my baby at all. And, ultrasounds are...
No, I like having visitors, too. I don't ever have a whole bunch of them, and I guess my friends/family are pretty respectful of our space/boundries (but then again, I don't have so many boundries, so I guess that makes it easier). In the hospital, I think probably one of my friends, my MIL, and someone from work (usually the supervisor comes to drop off a gift and get the stats so they can email info out) will come. Out of the hospital, life pretty much goes back...
Quote: Originally Posted by rach&becks My son is about the same age as Your daughter and is very enthralled with the idea of the baby. I also have a 2 and a half year old daughter who claims she also has a baby in her tummy, when you ask when her baby is coming out she will answer "out my gina" (as in Vagina) LOL Lol, my dd (also 2.5) asked me how the baby comes out of my tummy and I told her "out of my gina" (that is what she calls vagina,...
My son came to both the us of his sister and with this pregnancy. He was 3.5 when dd was born, and 6 this time around. He seemed to really enjoy both ultrasounds, but I think he liked the first one better. We did not bring dd (2) this time around because we didnt' think she would sit still and not be distracting. Anyways, I think with a 4.5 year old, it would be fun to bring her to the ultrasound!!!
Does your state have anything like this in it? http://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/doc...ateabbrev=/WA/ I have known people to be copes workers for their own family member. That way you could get some extra income while also staying home to care for your dh...