or Connect

Posts by gini1313

Well, I walked around at 5 cm for 4 weeks before dd was born so... sorry, but it could take a bit!!! But, things went relatively quickly after labor really started!!!
Lol, I am totally not ready and don't care one iota Baby will sleep with us, but I want to get our cradle out, it is still in in laws attic. I don't have any clothes because the person I am getting them from's baby is still wearing them. Diapers are still packed away and not washed. I haven't bought my one pack of disposies that I like to have on hand in case I can't get to laundry. And a bag for the hospital??? Haven't even thought about that!!! But, I am SO...
You know, I have to say for anyone having SI pain... I got my SI support belt. It is kind of a pain to wear and pretty annoying (it is supposed to go right over my nice big bubble butt, lol, and it keeps sliding up), but... I went to work today and although I got sent home after 7 hours (just because, not because I was preggo), this is the first time I haven't been limping when I left. It definitely didn't make everything all better, but it made life bearable for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Keeta Heck yeah that counts as exercise! Specially if you do as much laundry as I do!!! (And since you have more kids, you probably do more!!!)... I am just dying for baby to come so that I can get back into some exercise. With all my pelvic pain, and working 12 hour shift, plus kids, plus just being downright exhausted all the time... I am looking forward to just doing walks with the baby once he is here!!! ...
I think that newborn fits up to 8 lbs and 0-3 months 8 to 12 lbs. I had newborn stuff for my first two, but they were both 9ish lbs and it didn't really fit them (especially in length). Sounds like this is your first baby, though, so I would go ahead and have some newborn stuff so that you have something to fit. I agree about baby gap stuff. It is cute. Can be affordable, too, if you shop their sales. I have also found lots of good (barely used) gap stuff in...
Thanks for writing this!!! I am only 32 weeks and feel EXACTLY that way!!! People keep telling me that I am almost all done, but frankly... 8 weeks feels like FOREVER!!! I have such bad sacroiliac pain that I can't walk by 4 PM. I still have to work 2 12 hour shifts a week. My dd is in the throes of being REALLY, REALLY two. It makes me want to cry out when I bend over to pick up toys, but my house is always a pit, and dd just says no when I ask her to help me...
I don't know alot about birth plans. I wrote one with my first and my birth went nothing like it. I didn't write one with my second, and my birth went much more like I wanted. I found just talking with the nurses/Dr went further than a birth plan would have. The only comment I had was that some of those things sounded like things that are out of the nurse's control. If the doc writes continuous EFM, then the nurse *has* to do it and if the doc writes clear liquids...
I like the idea of the shoe holder on the back of the door, though. I may have to steal that idea to add to our storage space
We have a bookcase dh made (but like ones you would find at Ikea) with nine compartments in it. We have almost all of our art/craft stuff in there in various containers or stacked on the shelves. It isn't organized as well as i would like, but without going out to spend a bunch of money on containers, I think it is as good as it gets. Our house has an open floor plan with half the downstairs being kitchen/eating area, and we have an open wall between them that has that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bjorker Are you two related?! LOL! Lol, dh's mom did that too Ds has alot of legos, but likes to keep his "sets" intact (Lego Starwars, Indiana Jones, builders set, etc) so we have a bunch of smaller sized rubbermaid containers that fit on our shelves in the living room. He currently has 6 containers, but got two new sets for christmas, so I am going to get more and rearrange our shelves to make them fit. When...