or Connect

Posts by gini1313

I actually heard someone say at work to another girl who is due a month before me... "You don't look at all pregnant, just chunky!!!" Like it was a compliment!!! Lol, I couldn't believe it!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by greenthumb3 Haven't read through the thread yet, just responding quickly... you and he might enjoy Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, it's a series with 4 (soon to be 5) books and they are fantasy, geared for children much the way Narnia is, and interesting enough for adults. There are questions to enhance discussion at the end of the novels that could get everyone thinking about the book. The author does a good job with...
People keep telling me how small I am, too. This is my third and they have always told me that, as I grew 9 lb babies. I figure it is all about how I carry them. This one is much lower, too, and spread more across, I think. The funny thing is for most of my measurements, I have been measuring up to 5 weeks ahead (although that is starting to mellow out and I am catching up to my measurments). People are just wierd about saying that you are either big or small. They...
Well, we don't actually do "lessons" lol, so I guess I don't have to worry about that. That links page looks like what I was looking for, although I think doing stuff like that would be better when we are actually reading the books, not afterwards. He is totally moved onto different stuff (we are currently reading Inkheart), so I saved that page to use the next time we read the books. Thanks
A theme??? Am I supposed to have one of those? This baby doesn't actually have a room except ours, so I guess he gets our mishmashly decorated room as his theme, lol... Ah well, what can you do? After he is 3 or 4 or so, he will get whatever "theme" ds' room currently has, I guess...
I would wait until all my kids were much older. At least 5 years, if not more. Of course, our dog is still young (turning 2 this month), so he will probably be with us until the kids are older as it is
I was just thinking about that this AM (while getting up before dawn for work). I actually have to get going, but... I have worked all the way to the end with both of my other pregnancies. With Ds, I took a break from work to go to the midwife and they sent me to be induced. With Dd, I worked until 2 days after my due date and she was due 3 days after. This time, I am EXHAUSTED!!! I am working in a very busy CCU (during flu season, so we are crazy), 12 hour...
I say, be glad that you can't feel em Ok, that probably doen't help you much, but I have an "irritable uterus" and it is really annoying. With my first, I felt alot of braxton hicks and went in for a NST for something completely unrelated and they discovered I was having contractions every 2.5 minutes consistently. So, everyone (well, the midwives) freaked out about preterm labor, I got terbutaline and was put on bedrest, etc. Then, my water started leaking at 39...
So, I got that a long time ago at Marshall's for really cheap. Ds (6) enjoys doing the computer "game" part and will do a lesson most days, on his own. He doesn't do the workbook at all. He just finished the yellow disk and is excited to go onto the red disk tonight. We read each night at bedtime and he can read easy readers (Bob books, Pup and Pop, etc) and has started picking out his sister's board books for reading time. For those of you who have done Hooked on...
I wouldn't worry about it. People always told me how small I look when I am pregnant, and both of my kids have been over 9 lbs. I don't think the size of your belly has much to do with how big baby is... more to do with how you carry it and how your uterus sits in your abdomen. This pregnancy people again keep telling me how small I look and up until 26 weeks, I was measuring 5 weeks ahead (28 weeks only 3 weeks ahead). I am assuming I will have another bigger baby,...