or Connect

Posts by ShaggyDaddy

Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist no kidding . you can discharge your mortgage, that you presumably agreed to as an adult after the befeit of a college education, but not discharge the loans you agreed to as a 'green' kid with probably just a high school diploma?? you can't discharge your mortgage and keep your house. But you always get to keep your diploma. Can you imagine what interest rates would be like for student loans if they...
Autism was not much of a factor in our decision to have more kids, if anything we are scared we won't know how to deal with our kids if any of them turn out to be NT.
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes it's the only debt that makes sense. blanket statements are the real problem. There is no debt that universally "good" as housing and student loans were both considered untill very recently. Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes Payments should be income based or something. Projected income SHOULD be the basis on the amount you were originally planning to borrow. The fact that...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigeyes You have to have college to have a shot at a decent income, but you start out with this awful debt that keeps you in the hole for years.... It seems like many people in this thread are saying that college did not give them a shot at a decent income... So the problem is a culture of "College at any price" rather than student loans being considered an investment in future income. I believe College is another...
Just to be clear, the end of the recession is NOT the end of the disaster. It will take a year or 2 AFTER the end of the recession before things are back to "normal" and unemployment will likely continue to go up even after the recession ends.
Quote: Originally Posted by caro113 You. Are. Amazing. I didn't think anyone on here would get it. A lot people haven't seen and of those who have, a lot of people don't like it, esp for the language. We happen to have three separate copies of it, including the newest one ... on BLU-RAY! How awesome is that? Dang, After boondocks I was going to suggest Robocop/Terminator... Robocop's Main Protaginist is Alex Murphy Terminator's is John Conner
oh man, we got 2 recaro Como seats for 99 each from Woot, very nice.
I would absolutely not do this struggle. How much do the lights cost, and how many things have you bought for him since the struggle that cost about the same? Also remember that Autistic people tend to have a hard time applying specific social incidents to general situations, which makes social learning difficult... but it also means that choosing to have a struggle "for the principle" of the matter, in order to prevent future struggles is not realistic, and will not...
Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama I am sorry I disagree with you. Children that act that way are in distress -- I am not saying this caused by bad parenting (though it can be the case). Whatever the era, those behaviors are NOT "normal" behaviors for happy, non-stressed children. Things on the list based on external perception, or preconcieved notions about how children should act. Many would neither be surprising nor unacceptable if an...
Modern children are empowered, when compared to children of previous generations. "Speak only when spoken to" "Children should be seen and not heard", heck kids used to not be allowed to eat dinner untill the parents had finished. It is a different world, and we should expect our children to be different too. Now, they are encouraged to speak, encouraged to make decisions, generally encouraged to seek independance early and often. Do you think people were hung up...