or Connect

Posts by ShaggyDaddy

I started a slogan on a different board, I wish it would catch on..."Universal health care is a universal bailout" Main street, WallStreet, Detroit 3, everyone. And it would be one of the cheapest of the big bailouts too.
Actually people with kids pay more or about the same taxes PER PERSON (assuming they have enough income). Standard deduction is 5,450 for each person filing seperately. Child tax credit is 1,000. That is equivalent to the standard deduction for each child and a taxation rate of 18.3% In other words, unless you are getting back more than you paid because of the child tax credit, and unless you are paying less than 18.3% income tax, you are paying more taxes per...
I am not trying to sound trite, but there are only 2 ways to do this... Pay off debt or Increase income. there is actually a third option, which is not likely - Decrease minimum payments by increasing the terms of your loans(a person with a 6 year note on a $35k car has lower payments and therefore a better debt to income ratio than someone with the same income with a 4 year note on a 35k car) They both carry the same debt in dollars, but a lower commitment in terms...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli Yep. I honestly don't understand when I hear people being all whoop over a tax rebate, like it's some kind of bonus from the gov. That's YOUR money that YOU OVERPAID being sent to you. Do some work on your withholdings, and add what would have been the rebate into your normal budget. Your budget will be more realistic, and you can either pay off interest-bearing debt or earn interest instead of giving an interest free...
this will be hopefully our last year of complicated tax return (taking a loss on a Rental, using up the last of our adoption credit, 2 different states, etc) Our return should be nice, like 1000 or so, we will probably pay a traffic ticket, and maybe the last of the twin's birth.
Quote: Originally Posted by EdnaMarie "Autistic children" She is NOT autistic. She has Asperger's. Yes she has Asperger's syndrome otherwise known as Asperger's Autism. Quote: Asperger published the first definition of Asperger syndrome in 1944. In four boys, he identified a pattern of behavior and abilities that he called "autistic psychopathy", meaning autism (self) and psychopathy (personality disease).
it really really depends on the market. In my current area in Texas (where home prices are still the same as they were in 2005) it is something like 4-5 years. I did the calculator Rent vs Buy for the house we rented in Thousand Oaks (southern california) last year and it was 29 years. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/10/bu..._GRAPHIC.html#
Quote: Originally Posted by Ackray This isn't about a cow sweatshirt. It's about the girl's overreaction to not getting what she wanted and the school's poor handling of the situation. Ridiculous on both sides. Just because most kids don't over-react to ridiculous rules, and children with asperger's do, doesn't mean this child should be punnished. The adults knew the rules were ridiculous, they knew the child would over-react, they...
I am being honest here, not trying to be rude... Why would you want to buy another house any time soon? The last one didn't work out that great for you, what has changed that makes you sure it is a good idea this time around? Often times I regret buying our house... I had never lived in the same place for more than 2 years as an adult, that means I had no idea what I was getting in to, our plans changed, and we ended up in a pretty bad "accidental landlord"...
Quote: Originally Posted by time4another I am also wondering how this infectious cycle ends because its clearly not just the individuals loosing their homes (by whatever method) its *everyone*. The cycle ends when there are more qualified buyers than there are "discounted" homes (or more accuratly people who are "motivated sellers"). The ONLY way to create that situation: 1) Decrease lending standards (what caused this in the first...