or Connect

Posts by ShaggyDaddy

Quote: Originally Posted by Justthatgirl You me, Peter, and BookGoddess, apparently! My dad also fixed and sol Commodores and we had dot matrix printers. vrrt vrrrt vrrrrrrrt! (That's the sound effect of the printers.) I was born in 1980, My dad was adamant that we needed to have access to the best technology growing up because he was sure this would be our big advantage in life - not a popular opinion of the time, and prophetic in my life. He...
The last big chunk of the subprime "party" ARMs reset in 2011. When home prices will get stable or start to go up is HIGHLY subjective to your area. The area you are in can make this a big deal or not so big of a deal. (Since it is great for example's sake) My Parent's old house in Riverside California was 200k in 2002, and 500k in 2007. It is currently around 250k, and will probably keep dropping to about 200k. Their current house in Arlington Texas is was 140k...
1. How would you describe yourself (your Aspie child) at 3 or 4 or 5 year old? I was alone as much as possible, my sisters (intentionally or not) scared me a lot with imaginative play that I could not understand (example, as a 4 year old my sisters and their friends were all playing super heroes, and I was with them, then they were all going to turn invisible and I ran home screaming and crying because I was freaked out that if I was invisible I could get lost and nobody...
we have found them to be almost exactly the same, especially for produce we buy the same brand of the same organic products at sams that we used to buy at costco (we moved, and costco is too far now). The thing we REALLY REALLY miss... Kirkland organic shelf stable soymilk (we bought it by the case and it was a staple)... Sams has nothing like that just the 3 pack of refrigerated Silk, like at a normal grocery store, which I find vastly less convenient, and inferior in...
We have a pair of brothers (raised together from birth) who rule our crisper drawer with an iron squeek. We love them, DS(3) and DD(2) are gaga in love with them (several months later they have not lost any interest at all). They love feeding them fresh veggies, sharing apples with them, talking to them, etc. They squeek in greeting and excitement and they are generally so nice as pets. Marvel(2) will call them over and they will come, because they worship the...
sorry to discourage, but that's how I still talk.
Quote: Originally Posted by velochic However, I disagree with ShaggyDaddy that short of nuclear war or pandemic we will see conditions similar to the GD. During the GD 70% of the entire population were farmers. Now it is 1%. People rely on their jobs to feed their families. At RETAIL prices, it would cost 80 billion per year to feed every single resident of the united states 1600 calories a day (Rice and beans, oil, lemonaide, oats, sugar) ...
I do not believe that anything, short of nuclear war, or (more devastating) a catastrophic Honeybee virus could cause a great depression similar to the one we had in the 1930s. One of the HUGE factors in the great depression was the dustbowl, which was a drought (and poor farming practices) that killed crops and basically caused a wheat famine in the US. 400,000 people who used to grow food, left the great plains, starving and destitute. That was a different...
I would talk to him about it, a lot, in the afternoon, when nobody is tired, nobody is in a rush, and nobody is frustrated. Conversation points: Do you think you are getting enough sleep? Are you mostly just too cold to get out of your warm bed in the morning? Would you rather wake up a little earlier and do "X,Y, or Z" for a while first instead of rushing to get ready? Would you rather have something different for breakfast? I would talk to him about a set...
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye Are you (Shaggy Daddy) saying salaries will decrease as well? Yes, salaries will decrease when there is deflation, either the number of people who remain employed, or the amount of money they are paid. If there is inflation, and you keep your current pay in $, you just got an actual pay cut. If there is deflation, and you keep your current pay in $, you just got a pay raise. Expecting to not get a...