or Connect

Posts by ShaggyDaddy

When I was in about 6th grade, getting failing grades for misplaced paperclips, and never turning homework in correctly and not keeping my notebook the way the nazi teacher wanted, my dad took me aside. I have never struggled with a single concept in school, except school itself (oh wait and spelling :P). He told me: I know that you know this stuff, you know that you know this stuff, hell your teacher probably knows that you know it too. But unfortunatly you learning...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenelle I guess I am confused about deflation. I "get" the bread analogy to a certain extent --but then I don't. Like, I know exactly how much I owe my credit cards at any given moment. If the price of bread goes down, 50%, then wouldn't I have an extra dollar each time I buy bread, to send to my credit cards? Please help me understand. I can't be alone. the issue is your employer, now they owe twice as much...
Quote: Originally Posted by May May What is meant by the concern for those who are in debt? How is being in debt affected by deflation? Deflation is bad for debters... Lets say you owe 20,000 dollars, or about 10,000 loaves of bread and the dollar deflates by 50%, the price of all goods lower by 50%. Now you owe 20,000 loaves of bread. Deflation favors SAVERS, Inflation favors DEBTERS, oddly enough, both shrink the middle class.
yeah I actually started looking into ipod touch development after I messed with my brother's (he got it for christmas this year). The main thing is the 199 price tag, and the multitouch screen, which would be much easier for a child to use (since you could build in the need for less accuracy in touching the items). Unfortunatly it means I have to change religions and buy a piece of jewelry instead of a computer, but I can watch the garage sale circuit.
I have done quite a bit of research on this subject, as I feel the state of speech assistive devices is deplorable. They are artificially expensive because almost nobody who has one bought it "out of pocket" They are designed for, and are priced for Insurance purchase only. Because of the price ($2,000-$15,000), most likely you will not be approved for one at a young age, since they will not see it as a need untill probably pre-school age or older. I have not got it...
It is close to stammering - speaking with involuntary pauses or repetitions whereas stuttering is more like elongating and or repeating sounds. Anyway I am in the same boat (I have asperger's and I stammer), I have a fairly large vocabulary and I can be quite elegant and skilled in speech. At times though I will mispronounce, stammer, trip over words, add extra pauses, or sometimes add random unnecessary syllables. I have actually done self-therapy for this my whole...
Even if a person is having nutritional trouble, the solution is never "Lets take away his one source of nutrition" DD would not let anyone put anything in her mouth for the first maybe 1.5 years of her life. We are talking gagging, projectile vomit, and screaming if you HELD a spoon NEAR her face. Finally we got her to start taking food by just letting her hold whatever (safe) foods and spoons she wanted. It was a HUGE mess every day, but by age 2 she was feeding...
most mortgage companies will not do anything at all (even late fees) if you are 15 days late. Most mortgage companies will not take any action against you at all (besides phone calls) untill you are 90 days late. If you are 150% sure you will be fine after the tax return, I would just pay the mortgage 80 days late(or however long) and deal with the late fees (which are usually not actually that expensive).
Quote: Originally Posted by Kristine233 A friendly bump. I also want to say that showing emotion also includes the ability to love. thank you, I caught that too, and yes we can and do love people.
we had endless skunk diapers (really bad ammonia) with our 2(14m apart) untill we finally cut out the baking soda (washing soda is simmilar) and switched to vinegar in the rinse.