or Connect

Posts by odinsmama

Well, I'm a long haul nurser so my experiences probably won't be super helpful but I'll share anyway DS1 I night weaned around 18m, when I could explain and see that he understood "we have milk when the sun is up". I prepped him for it a few days ahead of time (marked the calendar) and had a few rough nights of holding him while he cried a few times and then it was fine after that. He weaned fully a few months after he turned 2, and I was a couple months pregnant. DS2...
Thank you. I did start a book that is helpful so far. Today was a little more positive. I also got to talk to a good friend as well as my brother (who totally gets why I'm cutting ties with our folks) and that was helpful. So I have a few friends who are willing to listen but I don't want to just dump on people every day. I have no huge tasks ahead of me. Laundry is getting done ( put away if I feel like it) and dinner cooked. The boys have been picking up Freya's...
Hugs, ladies!! Miss you all. So glad to hear that you are enjoying work and some time to yourselves, sort of, but so sorry to hear about all the day care viruses. We are hanging in here. Baby is great, so cute and fun. But we've had a ridiculous amount of stress the last 6 weeks. Just crazy. I'm having anxiety attacks, something I've never dealt with before (not fun!). I don't leave the house unless DH is here to drive us. Just last week I decided I need to cut...
Sorry, I'm pretty tired... Where is the pain exactly? Are we talking like skin pain or deeper tissue? Raw? I had pain after ds1 for an entire year. It's kind of hard to describe where it was... Almost where my g spot would be if we could actually find it But it was like a bruise feeling and it hurt really bad, we had to go reeeeaaaaally slow (plus have lots of good foreplay first) and only use one position. My OB had the nerve to tell me that maybe it was...
So, turns out I accidentally overdosed on one of my meds, which also happens to be addictive. So that was the whole heart racing episode. I feel like such an idiot... I decided to quit cold turkey so I've been doing withdrawal plus cravings for the last 3 days or so. Thankfully I've had help... Friends brought up a few dinners and did some cleaning. I'm finally feeling better today and thinking about what I can do to prevent a flare up now that this med is no longer...
Hmm, well this is timely. I just had some kind of episode with my heart on Wednesday. Racing and pounding hard, felt like I might faint (I was driving). Pulled over, called DH and then 911. All blood work normal, EKG normal, chest X-ray normal... And I've been feeling lousy ever since... Weak, confused, out of breath, forcing myself to eat, nauseated. I have an appt with my ND on Monday. Hubby thinks anxiety attack (never had one before, was having a totally normal...
Hugs !! Um, all those emoticons make it impossible to load this in tapatalk. And sloooow typing on the site
Ack, kellybeth, so sorry about the itchiness!! And sorry to hear about the marital disharmony as well. Sux. DH and I were in a pretty good place for a while... Doing stuff, all of us, on the weekends instead of him taking the boys and F and I staying home. We were hanging out at night instead of doing our own thing online or whatever. Then the kids and I got sick, and we are STILL sick with this virus from hell, and I'm too beat at night to have a conversation. So...
Helloooo ladies! Not too much to report here... Just same old stuff for the most part. We had a pretty quiet New Years, with some early fireworks for the kids and then normal bedtime. DH and I stayed up till 12 and kissed each other goodnight. We did get an anniversary date (with Freya) which was great. Ate lunch at our favorite place and walked and drove around a bit. It was nice. Then a great year end company dinner (our family plus one other family) with kids......
Not avail for hawaii mamas, either. Ah, well, the price of paradise... No one wants to pay the outrageous shipping costs.