or Connect

Posts by odinsmama

Almost 3 months old and about 2 minutes away from passing out.    
Being brief here, I have found that my DH just needs to be told, specifically, what I need. I need you to take the boys out for 2 hours. I need you to hold the baby while I floss and brush my teeth. Please don't set her down or she'll be upset and harder for me to get to sleep. He's usually happy to help, but I've also had to tell him that it really bothers me if he gives a big "sigh" before saying yes to a request. We've also found much more harmony by agreeing that...
I don't know how you ladies do it without a carrier that baby will sleep in. Well, that's how I did it, too,with my first and it was so very hard. I could never set him down for a nap or he'd wake up after only a moment. But this one, using a woven wrap (she hates the ergo but likes the mei tai only with DH) she'll sleep in it for an hour or more. She will fall asleep nursing but won't stay asleep if I just sit here with her in my arms. But if she's asleep or tired...
Hey mamas, Been out of the loop for a bit. Good to catch up with what's going on with you and your littles. We've also started some drooling here, at 2.5 months, mainly while sucking her adorable fist. She's doing well but still sleeps a LOT. Fortunately we are sleeping well at night now. During the day she always naps in a carrier. I keep meaning to see if she'll nap in bed if I nurse her to sleep in the bed so I don't have to transfer her, which just wakes her. We...
such adorable babies!!!!   miss Freya, 2 months+1 week      
Yeah, shedding hair here. Every single diaper change I'm picking hair off of her, the diaper I'm about to put on her, the spit up rag I'm about to put back on before I pick her up... We're doing alright here. I think we've gotten past the horrid nights but all 3 kids and I have been fighting this damn cold for 3 weeks now. It seems to come and go and then come back again. I'm so, so tired of feeling better for a day and then the next day feeling tired and headachey...
Oh no, sorry to hear about another ER trip! Ack! How high was her fever? Hope it turns out to be nothing, hugs to you mama.
Yes, all of what TallTori said. Especially about not taking breastfeeding advice from a doc pushing formula. Glad she's still showing you her smiles.
Sounds like it could be a bug. Sorry mama. Will have more time to write later. Follow your own mama bear instincts.
We're in Hawaii and love the mei tai also. I never had an ergo with my older two. Someone gave me one for this babe and a strap broke! So I only used that like 3 times before it broke. This is highly unusual and they tend to hold up to lots of use. And they're warrantied. But I'd think, heat wise, the ergo and mei tai would be similar. And like others said, don't get an infant insert, just fold up a small blanket or prefold under the bum. Oh, but legs will have to be...