or Connect

Posts by odinsmama

Very nice! What kind is it? How do you like the water wrap. So funny that he fell asleep in the water!! What are you thinking of selling? I've mixed up my stash a bit (sold some and bought some) and am thoroughly happy with it now. There are 2 that I rarely use, but are nice to have if my faves are in the wash. All woven wraps... Size 3 Storch Ulli (cotton) - pink/purple Size 3 Hopp (thicker cotton) - green/black Size 6 NHIndia (cotton/hemp)... Love this one. -...
Oh, and if you get a back safe carrier, you can practice with someone spotting you for a while or practice while kneeling on your bed.
I can get her on my back alone but I was used to getting my older babies on my back before. I doubt I would have been comfortable doing it with a little baby if I hadn't done it before. But you can search youtube for videos (newborn back carry or woven wrap back carry) and see how it's done. You can't do back carries with a moby though, only with a woven wrap or other carrier designed for back carries. It's the best, though and so much easier to get stuff done than...
It's so hard to say, really. I mean, shouldn't we treat any ewcm as fertile? Are you taking temps? DH and I have had great success with withdrawal and avoided using that and VERY loose FAM for over 3 years. I'm thankful for that because I despise condoms. And yes, I know if you're doing FAM "loosely" you're not actually doing FAM. What I mean is I would make sure DH knew if it was a fertile day and we'd decide to chance it or not (using withdrawal), knowing that...
I've been thinking about a mesh sling for the beach, too. But I'm trying to figure out if anything I already have will work... I've heard that linen/cotton blends are best for summer but some of the linen blends are thick so you'd want to find out how thick it is first. Honestly, though, I'm in hawaii so any time I go to town (my house is generally cooler at 3500 ft. elevation) we are hot no matter what wrap I use just because it's her body right on my body. But, for...
Addiction, you say?  Yes, this is the place for me. DH has a mei tai which doesn't work for me right now (baby hangs out away from my body too much). But I'm all about the woven wraps and I have a thick wonderful long hemp blend, a thinner long bamboo blend, and 2 cotton short ones (one thicker and one thinner). I also had a linen blend long one that I sold and I have a long wool blend that I'm probably going to sell. My favorite carry is with her on my back...
I am in love with woven wraps. DD takes all her naps up on my back, except for occasional naps in my lap. She will usually nurse to sleep at bed time but sometimes, like right now, we have to come back out to the living room and wrap her up while I pace around with the iPad. Will post some pics later.
Good grief, kellybeth, I hope you get some relief soon! Nice to see you back, loveandgarbage! And to read your update. Hooray for magically happy nipples, sleeping well, going out at night and painless sex. Can't ask for much better than that with a young baby! Yay to all the milk donors here! Such an awesome help for mamas/babies in need. Not much new here. She's 3 months old already!! Sleeping pretty well (except for last night and an odd fuss fest until...
Hugs, mama! First of all, don't compare your situation to anyone else's. you are having a hard time with what's going on with you right now and that's what matters, not how hard or easy someone else has it or how they are handling it. I'm going to lean toward saying that things will probably change before you know it. Either baby will nap in a carrier, or be less freaked out at night even if the nap wasn't perfect. They change so much at this age. And sometimes you do...
Oh yikes, mama!I have fairly major bowel issues and have dealt with blood in my BMs, no fun!Where is your pain? In your gut or rectum or??Is the blood dark red or bright red?Did the doc check for internal hemmies or just external? Internal ones tend to be bleeders.Constipated?