or Connect

Posts by Jude Rose

I have more than one kid, and NellieKatz philosophy rings most true to me. That said, putting it all into action is the hardest yoga, isn't it? I think in the OP's situation with the snacks, I would simply upgrade the redirect approach and pre-plan the snack destruction time they seem to love. I mean, why are they throwing things into the stream? Why scatter things at all? I usually blame a love of science and wantiing to explore how the world works. I would set up a...
I have so much respect for the posts before me. It takes so much honesty to write the hard stuff. I too had hoped for a 'miracle' loss so I could go back to just one baby inside me. But tonight I sit here all alone. Husband is out of state on business and I had to take care of the twins and put them to sleep by myself. They are 19 months old. We eventually got to sleep, in spite of missing Daddy and teething and colds. It's not easy but we find what we need inside...
When I saw your title I said, "Me! Me! Me!". But BEER???. I think I'd have a fit of murderous rage. That is so wrong. (and the lollipop too. Nevermind the sugar-they're too young to safely even eat that kind of thing.
It was neat and surprising for me to see this thread back at the top during my visit to MDC today. You seem I love MDC and gave a huge part of my strength and knowledge during my pregnancy and my first months of new momhood. BUT......I haven't been here lately. The multiples board especially for a time seemed to be veering waaay too far into doctor worship mode. I am not your typical so crunchy I U/C my twins person. I chose a hospital birth. But that didn't mean I...
I didn't have your experience, but I did have nursing challenges with twins. Pumping is so different on the breast than the latch. It really isn't 'priming' the well as well as one might think. Every single time you have a babe to your breast, you are getting so much more. Your body is getting the info it needs best at that point. I remember we fed every two hours from the beginning. My littlest was 4 lb 15 oz at birth. Maybe you could also post in "Breastfeeding...
bump, because it's an incredible thread of hope and possibility
Oh, I just remembered I would wear a snug tshirt underneath to keep the elastic from making me itch. That might be harder in the warmer months.
Well, July's a long ways a way, so in your case I would seriously consider it. I got the prenatal cradle at drugstore.com for 35.00. It did help, but was uncomfortable after a few hours. It's essentially a lot of strong elastic tugging at you. My chiropractor was the key to me getting through my pregnancy fairly comfortably (a relative term with multiples). Things got out of alignment and I always hurt until I saw him about 5 times total. He was great after the birth...
ROTF to the PP, "umm.....it really might!".... THAT fills me with confidence. Sigh. The things us moms go through.
Aw, guys, that really means a lot to her what you have to say. And a PP is right. I am strangled for more time, hello, I have twins, and stayed up past my bedtime to write this out. Why is sleep always the first sacrifice? wah wah. Louise, I will send you extra support and prayers. Having those babies head down really puts you in the driver's seat. Don't let that Pit or those bad voices in your head drown out the real true you that knows she can make it through. Good luck!