or Connect

Posts by WannabeaFarmer

RE:Stik I agree sensory issues was my first thought. She is a very sensitive person. The only solid routine that has never worked is bedtime. Everything else works great for about 6 weeks at most then we have to switch it up I downloaded a few new books & ordered a title called "manipulative child" that was reccomended by a therapist i know As far as the soda thing,i scheduled an appointment with her ped who sat her down & explained that sugar is ok for a day treat once...
I agree, that's the struggle is finding how to give her the type of structure she needs. Honestly when it comes to possessions she has her few favorites, but she has waaaay too much stuff. She was given so much over these last few years by others.I would agree on the counseling if I could find a counselor that doesn't place all the blame on me like the last time. Its hard to find someone to listen, because she clams up in public and then most outside sources think its in...
DD Premie #2 for 36 months! my first experience breastfeeding, and although challenging I had fabulous support! ;-)
  Yes, so example:   I say no to anything, She walks past me and does it anyways: No Soda after a certain time of day, and no carmel colored soda(basically only 7up or Ginger ale as a treat)ever.  She comes to me and asks for soda at 8:30 at night and my instant reply is 'No" because its already past the time.  She then goes and opens a soda anyways.  I grab the soda from her, and put it back, tell her again 'no', she then runs for the fridge and tries to open it before I...
Good Point :) I havent seen too many characters in our ON make it this way yet.  My first choice is Farm & Fleet...for clothes anyways.   DD is in a phase that if the gal next door has it, than she has to have it too....So its really fighting that battle with her that Characters "arent everything" more than everything else....
Honestly we have been shopping more at Old Navy to avoid characters as much as possible on clothing(plus DD likes rainbow stripped stuff).   I personally dont care for liscensed clothing, or school supplies. I can tolerate games and toys to an extent.   DD thinks that liscensed items are automatically better because she sees them on TV.  Thats why I dont buy them.  She is starting to understand that just because it has a famous cartoon or icon, it donest mean...
So here is whats going on:   I say no to anything, She walks past me and does it anyways I ask her to stop, she says 'one more' and does it ten more times I say 'go to bed' or 'lay down'  she gets up and does as she pleases i tell her no neighborhood children in my house, she brings in three kids as I'm vacuuming or cleaning I tell her don't hold the door open or your doggie runs away: she pushes the door open and the dog runs away(we always get...
Ok so after three years of putting up with being ignored by my DD:   MOMMY SAID STOP JUMPING ON THE COUCH!! DD:"Im not jumping, im doing Gymnastics..." Me: STOP DOING GYMNASTICS ON MY COUCH!!! THATS HOW THE LAST ONE BROKE AND HOW YOU BROKE YOUR BED FRAME!!!   STOP KICKING YOUR FATHER!!! HIS RIBS ARE BROKEN!!! YOU ARE HURTING HIM!!! STOP KICKING YOUR FATHER!!! (as she is "doing gymnastics' on my couch)   NO SODA ITS TOO LATE!! GO TO BED NO SODA!!! ITS AFTER 7...
Our DD is 6 now and has had night waking for almost three years.  The longest stretch she has gone is about a month with no waking.  We still havent figured out how to get her to sleep through the night.  Weird because as an infant(up to age 2.5) she slept like a log.   If I figure it out I will be sure to let everyone know....