or Connect

Posts by LiLStar

36. My kids' pediatrician. An MD, in a large, mainstream practice! Selectively vaxes her own kids (with what and on what schedule, I don't know) and has exemptions on file at their school.
I am pretty sure it was anthem that fully reimbursed me for my first home birth. But, I would not recommend calling and asking. That puts you on their radar. I've had midwives who require a certain amount of payment upfront that will be reimbursed if insurance pays, and midwives who just send a bill after the birth for anything not covered. could you ask any midwives you're considering if they've received payment from your insurance? With home birth, it seems like you...
I'm interested in participating
I've never used pot and I voted for the law. It is not a "drug" any more than, say, echinacea. Or dandelions. it is an herb with medicinal properties and can be very helpful, miraculous even, for certain conditions. I think people should have the right to use a plant for medicine without having to go through the hassle of finding a Dr who will prescribe it. so, yay for wa! That said, I've been pretty sheltered and don't necessarily know mj when I see it. There have been a...
Oh, yeah, what I mean is I guess, I don't expect a *prefold* to contain anything explosive. I would expect a fitted to do so. 
With the exception of vitamin d, or other vitamins that the baby has a medical need for (like, iron to treat anemia, for example) I'm against giving babies vitamins "just because" I live in the PNW where we have lots of rainy and/or overcast days, so vit d deficiency is rampant here. So, I'm totally all for giving kids (and myself) a little extra! And, in the event that I feel inclined to give my kids any vitamin, I would not want one made by enfamil. I don't trust them to...
e used cloth from day 1 with all 3 kids. I've tried many different styles and have a pretty varied stash. With prefolds, I've dabbled in snappis with my 1st but find them pointless. I fold them in 3rds and lay them in the cover and fasten the cover. Done. Preventing blowouts is the cover's job. Keep in mind, the sizing on most prefolds (unless they are advertised as "trimmed" or "for trifolding" assumes the use of a snappi/pin. So, to trifold, you want to size down. I use...
First thing that comes to my mind when I hear "Malcolm" is the show Malcolm in the middle.
Does it include the dates? thats nice if it does, but I still stand that it is completely reasonable to put a sentence in a monthly/weekly newsletter, or a couple words on a calender square, if one goes home with students. I have no idea whether its mentioned in our handbook. But if I'm reading through the handbook and it mentions dates of any school events, activities, picture days, hearing/vision screenings, any of that, I promise you that if its more than a couple weeks...
I have no problem with hearing/vision screenings at school. I think they're great and I'm glad they're available, and I'm happy for my kids to participate. I still think its worth a mention to parents. We get a weekly newsletter from the teacher telling us what they've been doing in class, about any special assignments parents will need to help with, important upcoming events, science fairs, that kind of stuff. A simple, "next Thursday we will be having a vision screening....