or Connect

Posts by anjie

thanks. this is good to know since my first kid pooped about 5 times a day. I am glad to know I am not alone. I didn't actually give her the suppositories without the knowledge of a pediatrician. she actually recommended it. I wasn't to thrilled about it but it seemed to work....that day. I will take all of this advice into consideration and not worry so much now. Thank you to all of the moms. I'm totally impressed with the moms with more than two kids....wow! I...
thanks...i will do this!!!!
oh my goodness she is adorable! She doesn't look TINY to me at all. My child must be thumbelina then. If she is hitting all of the milestones then I would say you shouldn't worry. She could have just had a nasty virus or something as well. Sheesh! Doctors make you worry so darn much. It is frustrating. Good luck and keep up the pics. Campbell is darling. Love that name by the way.
Quote: Originally Posted by GatorNNP also you could have them rule out a urinary tract infection, also some premature infants can have a mild case of NEC and later on develop a post-NEC stricture of the bowels that can slow digestion or cause a blockage. Have they done a GI study with bowel follow through? could you please elaborate on this a bit? I posted this earlier in another segment of the forum. Hello all. Here is my issue: I gave...
oh this is great! I too have been fretting over which carrier to use for my daughter. She was born a month early and just over 5lbs. she is a bit larger now but still quite tiny compared to most babies. I simply cannot find anything that holds her tightly and closely to my body the way that she seems to prefer. I cannot afford to go out and buy ten carriers but need to use both of my hands in order to make life work at home and also care for my almost 3 year...
when we gave her the suppository she went 4 times that day and it was like normal breastfed infant poop. In her first week of life she went about two or three times daily. By week two she was down to once daily and then after that she went every other day then suddenly she had that 4 day lapse. After the suppository she went once daily for about three days and then now we are going on day three of not pooping. She seems to get frustrated and push her legs out straight...
I've always been highly unsuccessful at pumping more than 2 oz of milk at a time. But I'm certain my kids get a decent amount of milk because I've heard them gulping and swallowing. I would say most certainly feed often often often. My new baby is practically living on my breasts right now. She doesn't go more than and hour to 1 1/2 hours without needing something. I also co-sleep with her so that seems to help. I don't ever leak and my breasts aren't gigantic...
hmmmm, I can see that this would be just as frustrating as NOT losing the weight. I would also suggest seeing a nutritionist. It kind of reminds me of when my mom battled breast cancer. due to the chemo she had to overload her body with nutrients in order to keep herself at a healthy weight. She would drink protein laden milkshakes daily made with full fat ice cream and heavy cream. Sounds gross to some but it seriously worked for her to keep the weight on and make...
Hello all. Here is my issue: I gave birth to my second baby May 30th, one month earlier than she was expected so technically she is/was a preemie. She had no problems whatsoever of latching on and getting the goods etc. In fact, my milk came in strong in two days. She never seemed to have issues sucking or that because I can hear her swallowing and getting milk and have even seen the milk dribbles on the corner of her mouth. Sometimes my letdown is forceful and she...
Quote: Originally Posted by D_McG DH is worried about this but I am sure I read somewhere that it was OK. Our 6 week old manages to flip himself so that he is on his side facing me while we sleep. Very cute really. I keep putting him back on his back but he gets his grumpy face and puts all his might into facing me again. I really don't know what to do if it's *not* safe... but I guess I am looking for reassurance that it is. ...