or Connect

Posts by anjie

heheheehe. this shall indeed pass. My son did the same thing. He would still be doing that if I let him but he is almost two. Sounds like teething is getting the better of him and mommy just has the best comfort in the world. I think perhaps trying the finger in the mouth trick is worth a try. I did that with my son and it worked enough to get a few good hours of sleep. Things will get better though. With each growth phase comes new and different sleeping...
perhaps I should also say that I laboured with a doula, my husband and a very cool nurse in the hospital with my son. I did not have drugs but enjoyed the relaxing jacuzzi tub from 5 cm to 10 cm which took only 45 in that lovely tub. I was quiet most of the time except for that very primal moaning that we all know about. I did not "choose" to be quiet..it was just the way that my mind took over for me. I didn't focus on anyone or anything in the rooms...just my own...
What I would say that the way YOU laboured was as individual and as natural as each and every child born into the world. I mean, who is to say you were TOO LOUD or too internal. You deal with the pain and emotion the only way that your mind and body knows how to. I think it is exceptionally rude for the hospital staff to react in negative ways to YOUR birth. I would have to assume that if you felt they were responding negatively to you it was either their lack of human...