or Connect

Posts by joliebebe

Thats a great idea Sonja, I will look around to see what we have in our area. Dh was homeschooled himself but had a very bad experience but I guess the proof will be in the pudding if the kids are happy and learning.
A book that has made dealing with my spirited child MUCH easier is "How to talk to kids will listen and how to listen so kids will talk" http://www.amazon.com/How-Talk-Kids-.../dp/0380811960 These communication techniques have become like second nature and take all the struggle and 'fight' out of dealing with my boy, especially when there's a problem or an issue we have to work through. He's sweeter, calmer, more helpful and kinder to his brothers. Sometimes I...
Thanks for all the great advice so far! Quote: Were you at home with your children up until this point. If so, why should it be any different now. Yes I have been home with them until just recently when my son did a term at kindy, just after my 3rd baby was born. I guess thats what I figure, if Ive always been home with them, and LIKE being home with them, then why shouldnt it continue like that. This is what I tell my husband when he says that I...
Hey, Im new to this area of mothering, I spend time mostly in the parenting and nutrition forums :-) We have three lovely boys, the eldest is nearly 5. I have a few questions that I hope some of you knowledgeable homeschooling mamas might be able to share advice on. I have read alot about delaying structured formal lessons until age 8-10 when the child has developed logical, consequential thinking, and that this is especially beneficial for boys. Anyone with boys...
Thanks mellowjellow! When I start eating gluten and dairy again,I was thinking to take it slow and only have fermented milk products at first and if possible sprouted/soaked sourdough. Thanks for the reminder :-)
Quote: Originally Posted by mama9 It's so interesting what your practitioner said about passing antibodies through milk. It makes sense to me. If the mother can pass antibodies through milk to help fight potential infections (one of the great wonders of bf) then I guess other antibodies can come through, such as the ones you have (casein/gluten). I wonder if your lo is also creating his own anitbodies in addition to yours due to your leaky gut/candida and...
Thanks for all the thoughtful replies :-) We went to a kinesiologist and had some muscle testing done. Apparently we both have candida, as well as me having a sensitivity to dairy and gluten (from a candida damaged gut) Bubs was getting those antibodies from me and combined with the yeast, it was really upsetting his system! Kind of a suprise to me, as I dont have any symptoms of either candida or food sensitivities! We have been on a candida protocol (with...
Quote: Originally Posted by organicmidwestmama melots mom- from my experience, having been raised vegan until about age 4-5, not eating animal foods is bad for your teeth, generally im sure there are vegetarians who have nice teeth but i was not one of them, nor were my parents who were also veg at the time they concieved and raised me. go with the animal foods, at least for your child, it is so worth having healthy teeth.. Had to pipe up...
Im keen:-) I have three boys, 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 5 months. My eldest is a very bright, quick thinking, 'spirited child. After months (years!) of denial that he was not alike many children we know, its a relief to begin to accept his nature and not fight it any more. We initiated some bad habits of control and resistance that we are trying to break and form a more love based approach to 'discipline', if you can call it that :-) Some days are great- hes humorous, curious...
Hey all, Im currently treating ds and myself for candida, today is day 3. I have a head ache, feeling VERY irritable and a slightly lightheaded, dizzy feeling. Just wondering what others have experienced during die-off, how long it lasted etc..... Thanks!