or Connect

Posts by butterflymum

well here it is! I hope you enjoy it. It's really long though...sorry! As my due date neared we knew I was physically preparing to have a baby but the big question was…when? With two previous births at 42+ weeks we knew it might not even be for another couple of weeks but we tried to remain positive and our midwife was hopeful. I was about 4 cm dilated and was just waiting for some contractions to get things going. It was becoming frustrating because I would have...
Anyone have any good ideas for gifts for their midwife?
Karsten Philip born at home last Sunday. 9lbs 12oz, 21 1/4 in. Born after a fast and furious active labour. I barely made it back to the tub! It was a wonderful experience. I'll post a birth story later. We are trying to get the hang of this 3 kid life! Thank you everyone for your support!!!!
Over the years I have become sensitive to disposables too. I used disposables last birth for the first couples days when the bleeding was the heaviest and then switched to cloth. I've been using cloth for my cycles for the last 4 1/2 years and love it. I also sometimes use the Diva cup (not a choice pp though). I have had good success with pads from this site http://www.rhythmandbluespads.com/ and have added to my collection from www.lunapads.com I recently bought one...
Sign me up! My due date was last Friday. I was REALLY hoping to have baby this last weekend but no such luck. I'm scheduled for a biophysical US on Thursday. I was SO hoping to avoid all the medical stuff at the end again (went 42 + weeks with my other two kiddos). I'm in a much better starting place (4 cm and soft, 50 %) and feel like I'm just waiting for some darn contractions to start!!! I am so so so ready to meet this little one! Hang in there...
Wonderful! Enjoy these early days!
Yippee!!!
Do you wish you would have done something different? First birth - I wish I had not been induced. Second birth - I wish I had not had so many observers at the birth. (Of course it would have also been nice to skip the nuchal arm which left me with a big tear!) I also wish we had taken more pictures of the labour (not just the birth and the baby). Did you even notice that cool music you obsessively mulled over and packed? In early labor and up to just before transition...
Quote: Originally Posted by kerikadi Wait until you go into labor naturally - then you know your body and your baby are ready for sure Keri Well...yes, but...how long? Personally, I'm not that comfortable waiting until I'm 44 weeks or anything like that. I know some women are but going past 42 weeks becomes a very stressful situation (for me at least) and not something I really want to do again. I don't want to evict a baby but there are...
Me Too!!! Yippee!