or Connect

Posts by snomnky

I need to fill out a preschool registration tomorrow and I am trying to decide what exemption to take. We are in Colorado and although we have both personal and religious I know some people are trying to get rid of our personal exemption. Our spiritual beliefs do not follow a prescribed religion, but our belief in nature and the sanctity of the body is a large part of why we don't vaccinate any more.   I was already considering going from a personal to religious...
Yes, still in CO. They didn't tell me I had to vaccinate, just that I should reconsider. I was also told the superintendent asked her to call. I am really just wondering if they can use the kids health file to solicit vaccination.  
I got a call from the school today asking us to vaccinated. We have a personal exemption filed with the school. I am wondering if it is legal for them to ask us to vaccinated if we have an exemption.
Our children are on a personal vaccine exemption right now.  My concern is that our state may revoke our rights and leave us with only a religious and medical exemption.  We do not subscribe to organized religion, but we are spiritual.  My son may qualify for a medical exemption, but I do not know this for sure.  What would I do?  How religious does a religious exemption need to be?  Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amila Ok, so now I am really confused. I adjusted my seats so they were more like 35 by pulling the base out of the bite of the seat- it worked like a charm. Then I read the manual and called the company. Apparantly radian xtsls are NOT supposed to be less than 45 degrees RFing regardless of the child's age/weight. They are only supposed to be 45 or greater. And the base has to go into the bit of the seat. Is this...
It is totally possible to get a great upright install in the Sienna, it just take a lot of man power and some time. We have an '06 with leather captains chairs. It takes DH and I about 20min of some acrobatic endeavors to get it upright and this last install has lasted months without a bit of slipping. From what I understand it is only the captains chairs that have the issue. You have to install it forward of the bight, in front of the velcro strip. It is...
Evaluate! My son is almost 5 and we are dealing with a very dangerous child right now. He has been diagnosed bipolar and we are researching medication. It is okay to evaluate and not follow through with recommendations if you gut tells you not to. For us it has become a safety issue for the whole family. I also think you get to a point where you have tried everything and need to look for a physiological reason for the behaviors. If you want to work with diets and...
The helmet is actually really flat in the back. We have two different brands and have the same problem with both. She loves the trailer, just need to figure out the helmet thing.
DD is 1, she is fine with her helmet when she is on her tricycle, but we just got a bike trailer and she freaks out about wearing her helmet in it. We actually thought she was unconscious the first time we put her in it with the helmet on, she slumped to one side and was not responding to us. Apparently it all has to do with the use of the helmet. So I am wondering what to do about this. I am a mom who ALWAYS makes my kids wear their helmets. I was thinking about...
I guess you have already made your decision, but I disagree with the others. Unless you think he has a head injury, I won't bother. When DS fell and knocked loose his front teeth, all the dentist could do was wait and see. He did need antibiotics because the tooth got infected (unless the tooth is falling out I would doubt this would happen). Through x-ray we were able to see that the roots had been cracked in half and a week later they were gone. His tooth is still...