or Connect

Posts by snomnky

I need help finding a SAFE crib for under $300, ours has been recalled for the second time, this time there is no fix. I do not have an Ikea nearby, these have been suggested to me. We need to find one tomorrow!
Both of my kids hated co-sleeping. By that I mean they were horrible at it, wanted to nurse every 30min and wanted to be held, kicked, hit, pinched, cried. They both slept TONS better in their own cribs. I would have loved to co-sleep with them, but in retrospect I am SO HAPPY we let them have the space they desperately needed and wanted. I do believe some babes just don't do well co-sleeping. That said, DD still wakes to nurse a couple times a night, I am...
Thanks, you know I was looking into measles earlier today and it dawned on me that me *might* be thinking of smallpox. The kinda funny thing is he is totally against the chicken pox vaccine.
DH got on me this morning about how dangerous measles are and how we need to vax DD. I had (and still have) no intention of doing this. Measles doesn't scare me, should it? He isn't worried about mumps or rubella, just measles. He says that lots of people die from it (he has no idea as he has refused to do any research on the subject). So, why should this scare me? I am not impressed by his argument and still don't intend to vax her. But maybe I should consider...
I asked him two questions. First I asked him about breastfeeding and HIB, I mentioned the Swedish? study and he didn't know anything about 'that' and said that he didn't think breastfeeding would help protect 'that much'. He also said that as soon as I was done there would be no protection for DD against HIB. This is contrary to what I have read and felt I needed to read more. Second, I asked him if I got the vaccine now at 12 mo then again at 15mo would she be...
Wanted to update: We did NOT get the shot today. I had some very simple questions that the ped didn't know how to answer about the vaccine and I decided that I would not give it to DD until I know the answer to the questions I have. Thanks for your input!
DD's 1 yr appt is tomorrow and I am on the fence about the HIB vaccine. I was set on not getting it because it is so rare and she still breastfeeds a lot. On the other hand brother is in school and she is around older kids a lot and meningitis is scary! DD has had 3 Dtaps, if she gets anything else it will be HIB and then nothing until she is much older. I was thinking about waiting to decide about the HIB until she was 15mo so she would only need 1 dose, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree You also mention that he needs a teacher to stand over him. That tempts me into a lengthy discussion about child-led learning, but I'm going to resist. It also tempts me to talk about the boredom a gifted child often has with routine work - and the lack of motivation to finish that kind of work. In case it's really more about organizational issues, I'll just suggest that you talk to his teacher about implementing a...
Quote: Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy show them the test results and a work sample. ask about acceleration. 1st grade will be more interesting for him! But he is not socially there, not even close.
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW I wouldn't recommend the combo of a sienna and a radian. With older/taller/heavier children they have a tendency to overrecline in the captain's chairs. True, but with some tricky tightening, some elbow grease and a lot of time, it is very possible to not have this problem. That said, I love my minivan, don't love my Radian.