or Connect

Posts by snomnky

I just found this thread... I am now feeling not so alone! DD is 6mo and has not slept well yet, but in the last 2 mo has been an every 30-1hr waker. She was wanting to nurse, but now she just wants to be held. She is SO restless, turning her head from side to side, kicking, etc. She is starting to be interested in movement and I think she will be crawling soon. Sometimes she just shakes her little but as I am trying to get her to sleep, it's cute, but...
I fell the EXACT SAME way. My DD is 5mo and we will start vaxing her this month. She will get the DTaP and HIB, maybe Prevnar. I have done ALL the research and weighed each vaccine against each disease and what it boils down to is that I can't not vaccinate. I just can't. I come here and read post after post about peoples kids being unvaxed and nothing bad ever happening, but someday it might. I couldn't deal with that. I am a worrier and although I worry about...
Yes, DD had only one shot, the Dtap at 2 mo. She didn't stop moving for two weeks after that, she also had a shrill scream. The Dr called it a 'mild' reaction. I beg to differ. What did we do? We stopped vaxing her. I too am concerned about pertussis, she is almost 5mo and her brother is in school. I am still concerned she could catch it this winter. That really worries me. But...what if she has the shot again and has a worse reaction? And what if that reaction...
I am wondering how concerning sheding of lets say a live flu vaccine is? How long does a person shed the virus and how often does this happen?
do we know for sure if this vaccine is going to be live virus? Can anyone point me toward any info on this? Also, what is your plan for your school aged children if the virus is live? Will you continue to send them to school?
I am having a hard time wording this, so here is goes... DS goes to a small (60kids) private school. About 1/4 of the kids are from India or Japan and spend part of the year in their native country. DS is mostly vaxed, I am not worried about him, but DD is unvaxed other than a DTap at 2mo. Could this pose a threat to DD? I am assuming most of the kids in DS's school are vaxed fully. My concern would be the kids bringing back something from their travels and DS...
NO, of course not. If it were up to me she would not get any vaxes. She got the Dtap at 2mo because DH wants her fully vaxed. She had a reaction to that. I have said no more until at least 6mo, but my hope is by then I will have hard evidence of the dangers of vaxing her because of the SPD. My ped will claim there is no danger. He is okay with me delaying, but told me he wants her fully vaxed at some point, not going to happen. I am looking for that hard...
My almost 4mo old DD has been diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. I am wondering if there is any literature that will help me make the decision on whether or not to continue to very selectively vaccinate her. I am assuming it is generally not a good idea to vaccinate a child with SPD, but i need info on why. Thanks
I am in the same spot with DD who is 3 mo as I was with my son. I have tired many natural remedies and homeopathy in the past for my depression/anxiety, but have had to rely on Zoloft. It generally works great for me, but now I am experiencing PPD again. I was diagnosed with postpartum post traumatic stress disorder. I am having anxiety attacks as well as hallucinations about hurting my baby (which I would never do). This is EXACTLY what happened with my son. At...
I hate to say it, but my difficult sleeper was very difficult until 3mo ago, he is 4. He still has issues with his sleep, but goes down easier and sleeps in his room most of the time. It does get better, it just takes a while. I had to embrace his inability to sleep before it stopped driving me nuts. Hang on, this too will pass...