or Connect

Posts by auld reekie

Hi there angelsmama.I feel for you.I'm reading what you have said and i really feel you should get a copy of a copy of "Your out of sync child".There is a questionaire in it that is quite detailed and may be helpful. I have heard that benadryl can have the opposite effect on kids..ie make them really hyper. Have you ever considered food allergies?There is so much uneccessary "extras" in our food chain that it is scary One of the things i stay clear of is anything with...
Kids need more parents like you esoine!! It is so true what you say about our kids needing that bit extra energy and patience.There are days when i don't seem to have it then my son will give me his smile or rub my back(he loves to have a massage) and i just have to gain my strength and we have a hug i can remember one time in the grocery store when he was having a HUGE tantrum and actually managed to pull me down on the floor,there was a cashier next to me and i...
Thanks Eosine,you made me feel good All too often people are quick to be critical about our parenting style so it is so nice to have something positive come our way!!!
Your welcome Maybe give the out of sync child a try too. I remember there being a bit in it about kids putting things in their mouth alot.My son will often put things in his mouth and i have noticed it can happen when he is in situations that he is not too sure.I never went through this with him too much as a baby which was good for my nerves I did read though that babies can use their mouth to explore alot as it is such a sensitive area. Good luck with the book.Take...
Try reading"your out of sync child" I can't remember the author,but i just asked for it by its title at me library and they were able to get it.It is very interesting. I am reading "easy to love,difficult to discipline" by Becky a.Bailey,Ph.D. So far i feel she makes a lot of sense with what she is saying and have put into practise some of what she says and it has worked!!! I think also "raising your spirited child" is good too.Sorry can't remember the author!! Our son...
me again!! I meant to mention to you heartmama to keep a daily diary of all your symptons because you may begin to see a pattern evolve. this may sound a bit personal,but keep a note about your bowel movements.Do they get worse with your period..egpainful and passing blood from your back passage.You may also notice more diarrhea at the time of your period.Ovulation can be very painful too. Sex can be painful during or after.(I always used to walk funny after sex,that is...
Heartmama,here is the telephone number for the endometriosis Association....414-355-2200 You can call them and speak to someone who knows all about endo.It can be a very puzzeling disease and if DRs don't know too much about it you can be tested for everything else before they send you to someone who really knows about it. You can also have them send you an info brochure about endo. They also have a web site...www.endometriosisassn.org The only sure way of diagnosing...
Hey,mammaduck just wanted to send you some hugs for all you are doing for your child. I too went through the zombie days and the negative comments. people need to praise you for what you are doing and often the simple act of offering to make you a cup of tea and be a listening ear can mean so much and get you through this stage. it wasn't unusual for my son to be awake every 20 mins in the frist three years of his life.He will be five this month and i still relish the...
our son showed no interest whatsoever in using the toilet until he was almost four and then he "trained" for day and night in one day and has never had an accident. Yes i used to have my moments when i thought he was going to college in nappies but i kept reminding myself he will do it when he is ready and he did!!! I think you are doing the right thing.Your son will surprise you one day and throw away these nappies for good!!
I get my sons outdoor mitts snowsuit etc from a company called Mountain Equipment Co-op.They have a web site and think they deliver almost anywhere.I think it is mec.ca. They do really nice fleecy mitts and great waterproof over mitts. Their snowsuits are great,they even have reinforced knees in them. When i did daycare the kids that wore these suits stayed dry and warm the longest.they wash really well too.