or Connect

Posts by auld reekie

Good for you that you want to make a healthy change to your diet.You really will feel the benefit and ahve a lot more energy. Try reading "The complete idiots guide to being vegetarian",no insult intended honest I like this book because it seems quite down to earth and gives practical suggestions about taking the first steps. good luck.
He sounds normal to me!! I can relate to alot of what you are going through with him.My son is very srongwilled and "spirited" I think for you and your husband to be consistent together with the limits you set for him...ie,you break your toy you don't get it replaced. Our problem is that i tend to be the one who does the discipline and my husband is the softie.Our son will often test limits and if my husband "rescues" him,he gets the message that it is ok to be mean to...
My son was almost four before he toilet trained.We left him until he was ready and he trained for day and night in one day and has never had an accident. Trust your instincts and "buy" earplugs for yourselve when you are around the people that question you as a parent.You are doing the best thing possible for your child, listening to her and when she is ready! When we got the old "what he's not toilet trained!!" we used to say in front of our child,"He will use the...
My first feeling was maybe chiken pox!! Have you all had CP before? I have a book called"smart medicine for a healthier child" by Janet zand,Rachel walton'bob rountree. i find this book useful,maybe it will help.It does sound like something contagious as you all seem to have it. My other thought at this time of night: Have you all been out walking in the woods and maybe come into contact with some plant you are all allergic to and it is just a coincidence that you all...
would it help to get him one of these fun battery operated toothbrushes that are in the shape of cars and he could pretend the car is driving around his mouth!!!
It's good to read that i am not the only one who doesn't go to MacDonalds or BK.We stay clear of them not just because we don't eat meat,but because of all they involve(pushing people off their land in the rain forests,gm products,fat loaded "meals"etc) Couple of points to ponder!t takes 2,500 gallons of water to "make" one pound of beef. One of the biggest contributors to the hole in the Ozone is flatulance from cattle!! Amount of land cleared in the US for livestock...
Sorry, just checking what i had written and it should be "Prescription for Nutritional Healing". My brain cells are very low at this time of night!!!
There is an interesting chapter on fluoride in the book "Prescription for natural healing"(third edition) by Phyllis A.Balch and James F.Balch,page 37.It is in the Elements of health section.
Here are some receipes that i think families might enjoy French Toast 2 organic eggs 3\4 cup of vanilla soy or rice milk 1\2tbs maple sugar(optional) canola oil or soy margarine as needed 4 slices whole grain bread METHOD prheat a large skillet over medium heat.In a large bowl, beat the eggs.Add the soy milk,1 tsp of ground cinnamon(sorry forgot to include this in ingredient list!!),and maple sugar.Beat a little more. Add about 1 tbs marg or oil to skillet.When...
OK guys,according to the time i have in my neck of the woods,mine is in 41 mins!!!! April 5th 1963. The big 40 next year!! Anybody else have the same day as me, i wish you Happy Birthday!! For everybody else love on your specail days too Just for the record, i gave my husband a baby for his fortieth, wonder what he is going to give me!!!! Three more hours in labour they would have had the same birthday.