or Connect

Posts by organic_homestead

I love EarthyBirthy Mama and have ordered all my diapers and covers from her since finding her. I, too, just found this sale. Good to not about the backorder, I ordered some of the ImseVimse organic liners just to try them out. I've been very happy using chinese prefolds (she has the BEST price) and the Imse Vimse covers. Yes, they have excellent customer service.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tummy History: DS says he wants to be homeschooled, and I just cannot do that financially, not to mention that he will NOT write 20 spelling words when I ask him to get his work done! Have you asked your son why he wants to be homeschooled? Perhaps ask him if he knows what happens during homeschooling. Has he had any experience/contact with other homeschoolers? Once he tells you why, explain to him why you cannot...
Quote: Originally Posted by ani'smommy We are pretty anti-TV in our house, but I have borrowed the signing times videos from the library and she picked up a ton from watching them once or twice. (I wouldn't let a baby as young as yours watch tv, but when DD was 18 months or so we let her watch only these videos.) Yes, dh is also anti-screen time for dd. I've played the videos primarily for me. I play with dd on the other side of the couch...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna If she's HUNGRY, then nurse more. Her nutrition needs to come from breastmilk. I would skip the cereal- grains are hard on their bodies so early. Let her self-feed instead of spoon feeding so that she can regulate her intake better. -Angela I wish I could nurse more, but I work full time so I pump during the day and nurse at home. I encourage the sitter to give her all of the bm first and then if she's...
I make my popcorn with a Whirlypop. It's done on the stove top and has a handle built into the lid to constantly stir the popcorn. Also, once you use it awhile, it gets seasoned and you don't have to use as much oil, usually just a teaspoon. Also, I eat my popcorn with salt and nutritional yeast (the powder, not the flakes). It gives it the flavor of having butter on it. And my cats love it, too!
I have tried bananas a couple of times and dd just doesn't seem to like them. She makes such a face and I've even tried mixing it with bm. She does, however, really like the oatmeal cereal and eats that right up. I also tried avocado and didn't seem to like that either. Well, I'm not going to give up, but I was surprised about the bananas. Is it possible that I didn't serve them ripe enough so it wasn't sweet enough? She's just 6 months on Sunday and I started solids...
I feel very fortunate that my partner is very sensitive to gender stereotypes. In fact many times he questions his bahavior if we'd had a boy instead of a girl. And he is insistent that our dd becomes a toolbelt diva! Sometimes I buy clothes that some people would consider "boy" clothes and then I have to correct people when they say "what a sweet boy, look at those blue eyes." I just say "actually she's a girl and yes, she has her daddy's eyes." Living in Iowa, we...
Hello, I haven't found this topic anywhere and not sure if it should go under parenting or education. I'm just wondering if any of you sign and what your experience has been. My dd is almost 6 months (this Sunday) and I've been doing some basic signs (milk, mommy, daddy) with her for a couple of months now. I'm hoping that in the next few months she might actually start signing back to me. I also have a book and a couple of dvd's from Baby Signing Time, which I love. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueStateMama I promised DH I'd start the whole babysitter thing, but I've been dragging my feet and this was a pretty big set-back for me. Now I'm completely paranoid! I know with all the negative stories out there it is difficult not to be paranoid, but there are many, many loving people out there. Check to see if your state has a day care referal and resource department, usually found through the Department of...
Hello. I am wondering if there is a thread for signing with baby already and if not where I might be able to start that (under Education or Natural Parenting?).