or Connect

Posts by Ivan's Mom

Never mind.  Going to replace it with a metal and glass one.
Hi, I just bought a bird feeder for my yard.  It is made of recycled plastic.  The container for the seed is clear plastic and the top is molded plastic.  Is this going to harm the birds? BPA?  Thanks!
Thanks everyone.  I found a bunch of games and ideas online too.  My son is excited about the games, so we are going to play them.  I have enough prizes for all the guests to win something instead of a goody bag.  Good idea about other non-invited kids wanting to play.  Other kids play games among each other all the time and seem to be okay that they are not involved in what everyone else is doing while at this same pool.  If someone insists, they will be allowed to...
My son is excited about the games and I see kids playing dive stick games and such at the pool a lot.  I will play it by ear so to speak.  We always played games at my childhood parties and at company parties that I helped plan.  Breaks the ice ;)  I will definitely not force the issue.  Then I can return all the items that are not won and get those bucks back
The kids range in ages from 2 to 12, just a handful are actually six-years-olds.  Lots of siblings of invitees and neighbor kids :)  
Yes, it is a lot for the prizes, but I plan on having a lot of pool games with the help of mother's helper ;)  We will not give out goody bags, so the prizes are it.  They are mostly pool related: dive for the dive stick contest and the winner keeps it, jump over the noodle and the winner keeps it, itty bit games and the prizes are bubbles/goggles/dive sticks.  Other prizes are jump ropes/juggle sacks/splash balls/pool baseball bat set/etc.   
Eek!  Yep, we are spending a lot of money too!  I think it is not that much considering the amount of people we are inviting/having.  We have always done home parties in the past.  This is our first year for a venue party. 63 guests (including us 4) - 34 kids 29 adults Community pool - 2 hours $100 Outdoor Pavilion - 3 hours $25 Pizzas - $140 Tea, lemons for lemonade, fruit, cheap paper products to be bought  $$ ? Game prizes - $75+   Mother helper -...