or Connect

Posts by Mamid

lawyer up. put the legal beagle between you and cps. keep them there. set up the crib area. or at least a bassinette, and, well, you don't have to use it! It is available for use. Or make sure you have a copy of Mothering's cosleeping issue in your bedstand if you're cosleeping! Also get the ones on safety of home birth. I don't think they've run a UC one yet. Don't use Compleat Mother. That mag is just a little too out there for most people. Mothering can be...
I wouldn't call it amazing. Just a father who was steamrolled over by fledgling CPS. 17 years ago would have put it at the end of the 80's if not a little earlier. That's when CPS was just getting their power and finding out what they could pull with ease and how much money they could get for the "poor waifs" they were taking care of.
"elective c-section" is a "standard of care" within a hospital setting. A UC is anything but. Now, if you had had the baby in the car on the way to the hospital, there would be no investigation even if it was the cab driver that caught it!
Quote: Midwives are free in british columbia. I was working with the only group that does this area. Until they cancelled on me last week after two visits. The excuse on the phone was that there was two quitting the practice in late summer early fall just before my due date and that meant 6 women were going to be dropped. I think it was that I was questioning the need for an early ultrasound when I was supposed to have one next month. (I don't...
So would I. I have three possibilities for maternity care with caveats. 1: Two guys. No clue what they treat women like. no care for my family, just me. 2: would have to get transfered from a gp even thought they are gps. 3: might be able to take us all if the doctors are open to it but no promises. There is a 4th option. There is a doctor here on vacation of sorts. He has throat cancer and so there's locums treating his patients. That would at least get the...
My two previous births where my water broke, from the time it broke till birth was 15 minutes. Even if they were to send the ambulance, the medical services here are stretched so thin that I doubt they have the resources to spare. Especially once the bars are closed.
A wise grandparent knows you can not force parents to let grandchild visit. That will cause a rift between parents and grandparents and more. The child will be torn apart in the tug of war between the two generations. Yet, that is what some grandparents want. To be chosen as the better parent. They see their grandchildren as a second chance to be a parent because their ability to have children has long past. And you know what, that's exactly what biobitch said in...
Maybe that's why they haven't snatched the kids - they only once came on a Friday in recent history. Every other time they came Monday/Tuesday. Great.. there goes my paranoia levels again! *laugh* DP is worried about an UC. He doesn't think he can handle it. If I manage to get "maternity care" if the baby is "fine" in the last two weeks, we'll just stay home and he'll probably call in when my water breaks and ask if he should come in or wait... "Oh..they're about...
Yes and no. I have a car. I can get a letter from DP with permission to take them across any border. No, we don't have passports, but that can be fixed. The problem is that we don't have the money for us to split up. Trust me, if we did, I'd serious think about the Farm. Or renting a place where my previous midwife has rights.
Oh my! Montel is doing a show on CPS abuse. He's starting with a family who is in hiding because CPS kidnapped their son who has Osteogenisis imperfecta and the kid broke bones in foster care! I liked what the advocate said about CPS. That trying to fight them is like trying to bail the Titanic with an eyedropper.