or Connect

Posts by Tanibani

Wow is right. I was born in 1969 in NYC and mine isn't THAT long. I'll post it when I get a chance.
I lost my virginity at 23 to my first serious boyfriend and he didn't have a problem with it.
No. 4 year olds don't "need" to read. You did nothing wrong. The online community was rude and out of line for attacking you for that. My just turned 9 year old son just really got into reading this year (3rd grade). He was not a fluent reader. At 8.5, he obviously knew words, but according to his local public elementary school, needed to catch up with everyone else. (BTW, he HATED to practice writing in K and had zero interest in reading for a long time.) In...
We adopted a very sweet, very well trained black lab (from a lab rescue organization) in October. NISSA I know nothing about dog psychology and am not particularly a "dog leader". DH is, but he isn't home during the day for walks. When we first got her, the women Nissa was living with was very alpha, very in charge and dominant. Nissa could be off leash in front of her then house and be fine around any other stray dog who appeared. Since we got her, if a...
Scientific American: Circumcision cuts the risk of herpes, HPV Just another link. I just started to subscribe to their daily e-mails and this is infuriating. These e-mail alerts reach a lot of "brainy" people.
An entire class has to stay after lunch to wipe down the tables. I don't mind kids cleaning up after themselves. They should. I mind the kids having to wipe down the (according to her) filthy tables. So she is barking the orders to do it. The kids should be running out to recess, not doing that. Teachers are not supervising recess during their lunch. I think it's a union thing, where they have some "time off" from everyone. The lunch lady (recess supervisor...
I want to thank everyone for their responses. I've talked to a lot of people and gotten some good tips also. One tip my preschool teacher gave me was to bring her something sweet and say "I hear you are in need of a little sweetness." But I was scared to do this because I thought it would make her defensive. Is she mean? No. She is deep down a sweet person. But, like me, when she feels stressed or overwhelmed, she'll scream and lose it. And I don't think...
Quote: Originally Posted by EviesMom Eh, if they RSVP for the right number of siblings, etc, then I don't think an extra pizza and slightly bigger cake are going to really run all that much more. I agree. Unfortunately, there isn't a discount rate for a group (extra people).
My son is 9 today. I normally stay. Last summer he was invited to a female classmate's backyard pool party. I don't know this "very nice" family at all, but figured it was fine to leave him there. That was the FIRST TIME I left him at a party, thinking it would be fine. I was wrong. When he got home, he was very upset. Since there were more girls than boys, he got picked on. He said that the girls were teasing him and throwing ice cubes at him. This hurt his...
My daughter's birthday is in June. Santa Barbara Zoo is a beautiful zoo, we hardly ever go, but it would be fun to have a party there. (We'd get a reserved table, private animal encounter, train ride, and I don't know what else.) http://www.santabarbarazoo.org/birthdays.asp I would invite a few friends from her preschool class (15?) If only 6 people come, that's fine because they can all still enjoy the zoo. $14 per child AND invited adult (parent) That is a...