or Connect

Posts by Tanibani

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigeresse I swear he seems so much more relaxed since we put a stop to this. He's less moody and chattier. I think he may actually be relieved. You are probably right. I mean, for him, it might have seemed like a big burden was lifted. Yeah, the attention is "nice" but it is also inappropriate and doesn't feel quite right! You did the right thing. Even if you exploded at her, at least it is out in the open...
The wedding is on Sunday, 8/23 and I'm thinking of flying in on Saturday and leaving on Monday. I can fly in on Friday, but I'm afraid of being stuck there a whole Sat with nothin' to do. Any ideas? I have a 9 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl. Thanks!
Anybody use goat milk soap bars and have a U.S. distributor they use? Chivas Skin Care makes these soap bars in my area, but the bars cost $9 a bar! I was just hoping to find someone cheaper online. Any leads?
Quote: Originally Posted by motheringmina I think they get our children long enough and they need to work with that they have and improve what is already in place. Not just add more demands and constraints. Longer school terms/days - no way. If the traditional, one-size-fits-all system isn't working now - how is giving them my child for a LONGER time going to help? I don't see this happening right now (in California anyway) because we have a...
I'm a 40 yr old mom and I'll tell ya' one thing right now... that sounds totally inappropriate! She is flirting with a boy - a minor. I have no advice for you, but only that I agree with all the bells going off in your head. I like the advice of giving him some support. The last thing you want is to confront her, then have her corner him and then what. Can he handle some irrational grown woman? I think that's a lot of ask of any 16-17 yr old.
FYI - there is a relatively new (few years old) TB BLOOD test (no injections) and I can't remember the name - quantaferon gold? http://www.cdc.gov/TB/pubs/tbfactsheets/qft.htm There is a CDC article online that says it's more accurate than the skin injection. I did research AFTER I consented to the skin test and my left arm (2 yrs later) still doesn't feel the same.
Same thing happened with my newborn daughter. It turned out she was allergic to wheat. My friend was an NAET practioner http://www.naet.com/ and muscle tested her (through me) and wheat came up. I stopped eating all wheat and her breathing cleared up. I got treated for it through NAET and she was cleared of the allergy through my treatment (completely non-invasive). Check it out. Find a local practioner near you and ask for referrals from families of young...
Quote: Originally Posted by TeresaZofia We are now applying to 3 beautiful outdoor play-based schools of various incarnations and I know we will all be so much happier. woo hoo!!!! Some preschools suck, plain and simple! Some preschool teachers don't know what they are doing and do and say the wrong things (because they don't bother to stay on top of their education). My kids have attended a play-based, developmental, parent co-op type...
Any teachers here? I'd love to hear your POVs. It's a public school. My son is in 3rd grade. The woman in charge of recess supervision is very angry and loud most of the time. During lunch (my son says) she blows the whistle suddenly during meals into the MIC. "Mom, why does she do that?" "Please tell her to stop." "It's so bad, but it's normal now." I have visited him during lunch (last year) and I noticed it was hellish. No adult would want to have a...
Nextcommercial - yeah I think they are talking about school age for sure. NFL - natural family living