or Connect

Posts by ~Megan~

Quote: Originally Posted by RiverSky Does your husband joke around by smacking children on the butt? Is there someone else that he might be mimicking? The spacing out thing sounds odd to me. I can't think of any child I've ever known that has done this to the degree you describe. Perhaps I overstated. It is playful butt smacking along with tickling and other play. Only the butt thing bothers his sister as she is old enough that she's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g Does he have any food sensativities? My first thought was an elimination diet, if you havent already tried it. Number 1 and 3 sound like they are one in the same, its just your daughter has to bare the brunt since shes around him the most. Have you sought any kind of counseling or therepy (SPD issues, spectrum disorder, etc) to pin down possible triggers? Yes, he does and we avoid them...
I could really use some guidance as we (my husband and myself) feel overwhelmed and frustrated by our situation. It feels as if we are constantly correcting our nearly 5 yr old son. He has a very strong will and does not respond well to the parenting we have done with our 8 yr old daughter. I've read loads of books but still have no solution. I'll focus on the three things that are the most difficult for us: 1. Hurting his older sister. It usually happens...
I'm trying to keep better track of my eating habits and the website I've been using let's one create custom foods which I've been doing with my supplements so I can know what I'm actually taking in. I can't seem to find anywhere online that tells me how much vit D is in the flax oil and fish oil that I'm taking. It lists how much Omega 3, 6, and 9 though. Can someone help me figure this out?
Quote: Originally Posted by HollyBearsMom What is he eating for breakfast now? He's a creature of habit and for the last 4 years each work day he's had a frozen egg muffin, sausage, egg and cheese sandwhich for breakfast and a bean and cheese burrito for lunch. I'm still a little lost as what I could send with him because he eats at his desk at work, including breakfast, so my ideas seem to fail one criteria or another.
I should have been more specific. Dh is allergic to all dairy, eggs, yeast, and gluten so I thought this would be a good place to get dairy and egg free ideas. Quote: Originally Posted by wytchywoman Breakfast burritos or breakfast quesadillas? What would you put in this if one couldn't eat eggs? The above sound delicious to me but the eggs are getting in the way! Quote: Originally Posted by mumkimum Breakfast egg...
Any suggestions for a vegan cheese that also does not contain yeast? Something really good that even an omni would enjoy please!
I'm looking specifically for ideas for dh and he prefers something to which he can add hot sauce. Ideas?
Quote: Originally Posted by bananacake Does Spectrum have an egg-free light mayo? I thought I remembered that. It might have lemon. You can make mayo out of soaked cashews, but it calls for lemon. The only ones I've found have soy Spectrum ds accidently had soy the other day (bought the wrong envirokids snack bar) and his face swelled up and turned blotchy within half an hour.
To accommodate the different allergies I'd like one mayo sub that I can use for everyone. We like tuna and chicken salad for crackers and lettuce in our house but now that dh finally has a handle on his allergies it's making accommodating everyone a little difficult. I've of course googled and been looking all over for something but I can't find it. Our allergies Me- lactose, soy, garlic Dh- all dairy, all egg, yeast, gluten, pecan dd- gluten ds- gluten, soy,...