or Connect

Posts by Lucky Charm

Quote: Except that I wouldn't really wake up my dh. He is a grown up and knows how to use an alarm clock. I'm with Chicky. I worked nights for many years, then went to a 1p-1a shift in the ER. Rarely got out of there at 0130. got into bed close to 3am. Would take the kids to school, then come home and go back to bed (and I also did crossing guard at the school, worked in the classroom Friday mornings, etc). Honestly, I am not sure how I did...
I am a Flight RN and absolutely LOVE IT Since 1996 I have worked Critical Care: ER/ICU/CVICU...I never did "floor nursing". My last baby was born in 1998....did just fine, nursed like a champ, I was able to pump at work (not as much as I liked, but was able to keep up with babe). I worked nights, and tag teamed with my now ex husband. I have three kids...the older two are in college, my daughter being in the nursing program. She has seen the good and the bad, but...
You might want to check with your insurance to make sure they will pay your bill if you leave AMA. Good luck!
How old are your children?
Quote: Originally Posted by griffin2004 Don't count on regularly receiving the $300 child support. Or have some way to make up the difference when the check doesn't arrive, arrives late, or is less than the full amount. Being a member here for a while, I have seen thread after thread devoted to child support not being paid in a timely manner, or at all. And as someone who is newly seperated after 22 yrs of marriage to a man that makes 6...
No.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norasmomma Hey my BF is always complaining she's broke, yet goes to the store every. day. Yesterday she called me and said she didn't want to shop, but she had to just to make dinner. Her money woes frustrate me, ugh. Recently we had a HAM dinner, with scalloped potatoes and peas and it was seriously like 4 bucks. My local store gets hams on sale often, I had potatoes from a 5lb bag that cost .99, and organic peas that...
I worked nights for many years, 7p-7a. With our last baby, he was "sleeping through the night", but was still in bed with us. When he did wake up, he took a bottle of expressed breast milk without trouble suprisingly. I dont really have advice as my kids were decent sleepers (except for baby number 1), and took bottles of my milk without much fuss.
Quote: Originally Posted by siobhang Wow, so in your view, the decision is children vs working. For many of us, that is not the break out. My work directly and indirectly supports my children. - my work is part of my care taking responsibilities for my family. My working activities are a core part of my mothering identity - not a separate part of it. Think about the common mainstream view that a father's income earning behavior is a core part...
Quote: Originally Posted by DallasAnn Does anyone know at what point docs actively try to stop preterm labor? Does it vary hospital by hospital and by care provider or is there a set week date? I guess what I can't determine is when they stop viewing it as a "miscarriage" and see it as preterm labor. I'm fully hydrated, urinating just fine, had 2 bms today and I don't have my gallbladder, not spotting (thankfully), and I've always been told that...