or Connect

Posts by chiedza

Thanks, spring showers. But why would supply matter at this age? He's getting most of his nutrition from other food.
About 3 weeks ago I night-weaned by 18 month old DS. It was easier than I thought it would be and I'm loving the better sleep we are both getting. The first week he was still asking a few times in the night but when I said, "Not right now, you have to wait until the morning," he would go right back to sleep.  He'd forget to ask in the morning (which had never been our routine anyway) and so was eating breakfast better.  He's never been much of a breakfast eater, which I...
I'm in a similar situation as your friend. My DS is just 1 but I think a lot about what to tell him.  And people are constantly asking me about "his dad" for various reasons, so I have to correct them and say, "You mean my ex-husband" because I want to train them now while DS is still young and can't understand them.  My ex was African and I am white so DS is biracial, but very light-skinned.  Most people don't realize he is biracial, but do see that he is darker skinned...
Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences! For now I'll keep pumping at the end of the day but I think after he turns 1 I'll ask her to see how he does with water or some other type of (non-animal) milk.
Thank you, Lauren!  
I find if I pump in the middle of the day I don't get much milk at all so I'm pumping mostly right at the end of the day before I get him anyway, so I don't think if I stop it will affect my supply much.  I won't give him the milk of another species, probably just water. Mostly I was wondering if he really need some kind of "milk" during the day if/when I do stop sending breastmilk. It sounds like water will probably suffice.   I don't really mind pumping at work that...
I do that too, since I'm pumping more than he drinks, but I figure when I stop pumping I can just use some other kind of milk in it.
What did you use it for at home?
DS started daycare at 10 months old and will be 1 year old in a few weeks. I pump 6-8 oz when I'm at work and send about 7-8 oz with him each day, but he usually only drinks 4 or so.  His caregiver says he just doesn't seem interested in drinking from a bottle (though at home I know he loves drinking water from any kind of bottle or cup).  I told her to let me know if she thinks he could go without it altogether, as I'd be happy to stop pumping.  At home he does most of...
Thanks for this. I will try to talk to him more about this, and would appreciate the book titles if you remember them. We do have one book on that theme, so I will try to read it to him more. There was one day when the caregiver had to go to a doctor's appt and her adult neice, who is her back-up, filled in for her, and she told me that when she had to leave the room she would just pop back in and say peek-a-boo and that he was fine (which is what I do at home, too, if...