or Connect

Posts by monkeymommy

Hi! Sure, you can find some like-minded moms here! I'm also due in April, and still BFing our (almost) 31-month-old DS. : Whew! : We're a no-vax/no-circ/pro-babywearing/EC & cloth-diapering/co-sleeping/AP/lactivist type of family too...would love to chat!
:Looks like I'm in, too! The due date calculator says April 4. : Waiting to see if I'm right about it being a girl...just feels like a "she"! I was right the last time, I knew DS was a boy before I even got the PT. Anyone else have first impressions?
So this has been a stressful week...DH is out of work, we're trying to sort out DS's food sensitivities (and ours too, but DH thinks I'm half-crazy), we just found out I'm pregnant again (!), and DS picks right NOW to decide he wants to scream at the top of his lungs for no apparent reason. Repeatedly. In our paper-thin-walled apartment. And hit us. This afternoon was really tough. I try saying, "Baby, please be quiet..." but he screeches, "BEEEEE QUIEEEET!!" I've...
Ooooh, thank you! This looks like some great stuff. I'll have to let DH read some of the info on the fedupwithfoodadditives.info site...I swear he thinks I'm a nutcase when it comes to this stuff, so now I can show him and say, HA - Told you so!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by mtn.mama I'm with you on that one Ellasmama, 100%!!! Monkeymommy- I think you'll find it helpful (and if you're like me, extremely depressing at first) to go through your house and liberate yourselves from the evil allergens to the best of your ability. It sucks at first, but then it does help the stress bleed away once you figure out what and how to cook again. Good luck! Thanks! I went through the house and...
Quote: Originally Posted by ellasmama2007 "DS won't take kindly to that idea, thanks to my MIL, who began feeding him Cheetos and Coke behind my back at 9 months" i would have filed a restraining order against her - im dead serious : Yeah, I wanted to, but at the time we lived with her! Between that and her refusal to quit smoking in the house...well, you can see why we ran screaming off into the night...all the way from Ohio to Nevada!
First of all, big hugs - it's not easy doing what you're doing! We're just getting started on this whole GF/allergen-free thing, too. Don't feel too bad about not catching dd1's intolerance...my family never caught mine, and I only figured out my health problems were related to gluten while trying to figure out what's wrong with DS! And I'm almost 30!! I even had to tell MY mom that SHE probably has it, too! So your dd's are lucky to have a mommy who truly cares about...
Yeah, corn is sounding pretty suspect...we don't do much dairy, maybe 1 glass of milk per day, and a little butter here & there, but that would be enough. Looks like I pretty much have to make everything from scratch now...had a little episode with Van's wheat-free Mini-Waffles this morning, I forgot they have soy, and MAN was I sick. Aside from the soy, we did ok this morning...I just have to really watch what he's eating, seems like every other day I goof and give...
Thanks! Forgot to mention that yes I'm still bfing, and have cut out everything he has, since I've found that I also react to the same things! Hindsight being 20/20, I now realize I've had problems all my life and no one ever seemed to notice when I was a kid. DH is even gluten intolerant, and his biscuts & gravy-cookin' family never realized it either. Dextrose is something that really sets us off...I thought maybe it was from the gluten, since additives like that can...
DS has been having allergy/gluten issues...pimply/itchy rash around his nose & mouth, on his chest, etc; choking cough, itchy nose and ears, congestion, and something is causing him to have unusually emotional outbursts lately. The allergist was NO HELP, he told me that DS probably doesn't have food allergies, just intolerances...and they don't know what the mechanism is (in other words, not trying to find out what it IS, just want to torture him with a bunch more...