or Connect

Posts by monkeymommy

MediCal has coverage for pregnant women - Planned P'hood could probably help. You can get all your prenatal visits covered, your U/S to date the pregnancy, nod & smile at the doc's advice, then do your UC / homebirth.
: : dh practically ties the blanket in knots...I don't care about it being made, as long as the corner by my feet is tucked in. :
Awww...all these sweet stories! I love how ds knows he can roll to one side, nuzzle up to me and nurse, then roll the other way and sleep snuggled up with daddy. I love how he trusts I will be there to nurse him awake, even when he naps alone. I love how he halfway opens his eyes, sees me & smiles...then smacks his hand on my boob ("Mine!"), and goes back to sleep, nipple in hand. I love getting his wake-up smooches when I pick him up smiling in the morning! ...
Chicken thighs always work well for us...you can do so many things with them, and they're cheeeeeap!!! Try variations on this: Place 8-10 chicken thighs (with bones & skin) in large pot & add enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat to medium/med-low. Simmer for about 1 1/2 or 2 hrs, until meat slides off bone easily. Place a sieve over large bowl, carefully dump in chicken & broth. Pour broth back into pan, and let chicken cool. Now chop...
Here's one you can use to sneak in some extra veggies: Spinach dip 10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed very dry 1 cup plain yogurt 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled & seeded 1/2 cup tomato, peeled & seeded 1/4 cup onion 2 scallions or green onions, sliced 1 garlic clove 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon Blend together in food processor or blender; serve with pita wedges, veggies, etc. ~~~~~~~~ Also, you can blend together softened cream cheese & some mild Pico de Gallo...
Quote: Originally Posted by EBG ....I know they think I'm crazy and mean for not letting this poor child eat normally and for putting her on a stupid diet that I looked up on a website. Ummm...what part of junk food constitutes a "normal" diet?! Have people forgotten what "normal" food is? Quote: Originally Posted by EBG ...DH makes the ultimate decisions and now I'm not allowed to go grocery shopping any more. ...
Have you checked for thrush? DS did the same thing - I asked his ped & she told us it was normal, but I later found out what it was from LLL. I started giving him powdered acidophilus pills mixed in a dropper of breastmilk 4x day, and the projectile spewing stopped immediately. Good luck, hope she feels better...in the meantime, try to stay dry!
Sounds like reflux...but have you checked for thrush? DS & I are trying to get rid of a (very resistant) systemic case, and that's what causes him to wake frequently at night, rolling around with a sour belly, refusing to nurse until he burps & swallows. I give him powdered acidophilus pills mixed in a dropper of breastmilk or a little cup of yogurt, 4x day, and that helps alot. May not be what's going on with your dd, but thought I'd mention the possibility, since we...
OK, 2 questions here for all you experienced crunchy mamas....any advice would be great! 1st: DS developed a little rash around his mouth/chin, he recently started teething....what can I do to make it better? I'm constantly wiping the drool off his mouth, but I guess he puts it out faster than I wipe! 2nd: We've had thrush since ds was about 2wks, and we didn't know what it was until I found an article on the LLL site when he was about 5 mos (he's now 7 1/2 mos) - I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Robin926 So can we use this as a comeback to people who push FFing so "Daddy can feed the baby/bond too!"? "Oh no need for formula, get him a breastpump!" : Awesome!!! When my ds gets hungry/sleepy, he loves to get some "daddy geen" (geen is his word for boobies - hehe) before settling in with mommy's "real geen". Of course, he doesn't actually latch on...dh has let him try, but too hairy, ds gets the funniest...