or Connect

Posts by Bella's Mama

I like www.kidsurplus.com They have Playmobil, Calico Critters, Brio, Haba, Lego...
My DD(age 7) has the Playmobil castle, and my DS (age 5) has the Playmobil pirate ship. We also have various lego sets. I think Playmobil all the way!! Lego toys are really fun, but they can be frustrating for younger children because they do tend to be a little delicate. I also agree with a PP who said building is part of the fun. I think the lego set you are thinking about would be too frustrating for a 3 1/2 year old. My DD has been playing with Playmobil since...
My best friends kids are both one month younger than my DD (age 7) and my DS (age 5). We invited them to a Halloween party at a local store. They spent almost the entire time complaining! The store had hired a band that I really thought was AWESOME! Her kids kept rolling their eyes, and telling my kids how boring he was. They said the party was babyish (bobbing for apples, face painting, free exploration with some Halloween themed craft supplies, the band) What's...
http://www.onlyheartsclub.com/pages/...rincess06.html What about this one? You can buy these dolls at Target,(our local toy store has them too) for about $15.00 sometimes they are even on sale! I have not read the books with my daughter, but I love these dolls. I like the fact that they have different skin and hair colors, and they are dressed like children, not adults.
My kids and I chew "B Fresh"! I love the taste of it and I usually don't do artificial sweeteners plus it blows AWESOME bubbles! It is vegan and gluten free and is sweetened with xylitol. Here is an ingredient list: xylitol, gum base, maltitol syrup, natural fruit flavor, vitamin B12, gum arabic, carnuba wax, calcium citrate, calcium gluconate. For product information call 1.800.555.1276 I hope I am recommending a good product, does that ingredient list send up red...
I agreed to speak at a tea for my dd's teachers this week. I thought it might be cute (and take a lot of pressure off of me) to ask the kids some questions and read their answers at the tea. Can anyone help me think of some questions that would elicit funny responses from five year olds? Here is what I came up with so far... What is Mrs. X good at? What is she not so good at? What is the funniest thing Mrs. X ever did in class? If Mrs. X wasn't a teacher...
We have several sets (thanks to my mother-in-law). My son and daughter have collected some small rocks and they love using all of the construction vehicles to move them around. The fire engines are cool too, one has a little rope hose that you can unroll and pretend to put out fires with. The only negative comment I have is that the fire station comes apart pretty easily. My son (he's 2 1/2) can get frustrated with it at times because he will try to walk one of the...
I would like to see if anyone has any advice, or feedback for me about my 2yo DS. I guess I should first explain my 4yo DD. She is the stereotypical girl;very empathetic, sweet, soft-spoken, gentle...She has been an extremely easy child to parent. She gets along beautifully with all ages and all kinds of people. My DS is the stereotypical boy; loud, constant motion, and aggressive. He can also be sweet, gentle, and empathetic but those times are few and far between. My...
I am not sure what I would do, but I just want to say... Wow! That just seems SO mean! I don't get some people...
The same scenario happened with my best friend and I . We decided that their behavior with each other had just become a habit (it wasn't happening in other situations with other kids) for the two of them. A habit that needed to be changed! We eliminated their behavior by breaking the habit. We did this by getting together and doing only structured activities for awhile ( going to library story hour, going to a baseball game, going for a nature walk and collecting...