or Connect

Posts by Bella's Mama

My dh and I were shopping for a rocking chair recently (we're expecting again in Sept) and we saw this highchair that was unbelievable. We were looking at it in horror, and the sales person came over to tout all the benifits of this horrible thing because she thought we were interested in one. She actually told us it would accommodate a newborn(someone tell me why you would put a newborn in a highchair) through toddler. The seat reclined so the baby could sleep in it:...
I tend to worry about this a lot too, so thanks for the mind/body reminder Earth!
I use Bi-O-Kleen for all of our family laundry (including CD) and we love it! I think it does a good job of getting out stains too, as long as you get to them quickly. To pretreat stains just apply a little Bi-O-Kleen directly to the stain, rub it in, and wash!
I put my activities/recipes for the week of February 16th in a thread called activities...sorry I'm such a dork...my only excuse is I'm pregnant!
Sorry I'm a little late posting... I know if anyone will be understanding it's all of you mamas...Here are some fun art recipes with a few ideas for their use included! Watercolor Cakes 1 Tablespoon clear vinegar 1 Tablespoon baking soda 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup Food coloring Mix vinegar and baking soda in a bowl. When the mixture stops fizzing, add cornstarch and corn syrup. Blend together. The mixture will have a strange, cakelike...
Glad to know I'm not the only one that's freezing! My DH jokes that with my last pregnancy I almost froze him solid... not the case this time.
We're due September 19th with our second!
See if you can get your hands on the book Clean House, Clean Planet by Karen Logan. I bought it at Border's for $12.00, but I think I have seen it at the library too. I love this book, and I use it all of the time! Here are two of my favorites... It's A Lotsa Polish Add 3/4 cup olive oil to your spray or flip-top bottle, then add 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar (this is the kind the author reccomends). If you would like a fragrance, add 50 drops or 1/4 teaspoon of...
Jane is correct, Dumb Cane IS poisonous! All species of dieffenbachia are commonly called dumb cane. Their sap contains calcium oxalate, so ALL parts of the plant are poisonous! Biting any part of the plant will cause the throat to swell and loss of speech that can last for several days. I am so sorry I didn't mention this in my previous post! It was late, and I was just trying to give you the majority of the list so that you had a lot of options! I always make it a...
See if your library or local bookstore has How to Grow Fresh Air by Dr. B.C. Wolverton. It will provide you with a wealth of information! Because formaldehyde is the most commonly found toxin in indoor air, I'll list the plants that are the most efficient at removing it: (these are listed in order of efficiency) Boston fern, Gerbera daisy, Dwarf date palm, Janet Craig(I have never heard of this one, now Jenny Craig is a different story) Bamboo palm, Kimberley Queen fern,...