or Connect

Posts by MelMel

my girl's b-day is October 17th, so she started a full day K at age 4 (for only a month ) after no preschool, and me being a stay at home mom, who had been planning to unschool. (so no flashcards, no base learning whatsoever) she threw me for a loop when she asked to go to school. anyway, she did well, went on to the first grade, and is excelling at age 6 in the first. Her K and now first grade weren't all worksheets, though, the kids had alot of fun. I worry about...
hello! welcome! another Ohio mama here....where about in Ohio are you?? Northeast Ohio has a very active private forum, with members as far south as Canton/Akron, East as Chardon, Mentor/etc.....West as LaGrange, etc etc.... pm me for info if you are in our neck of the woods anyway, besides being in Ohio, I am also another single mom, to a 6yr old girl and a 3yr old boy. Their father is also super involved, sees them daily, all day while I work, and 3 nights a...
my 3 yr old is keepin it real, AND intact, in Ohio
we were married last year, so will file jointly....but next we will each claim one of our 2 children. we will just each pick one and claim that one from now on. I am choosing the youngest so I have 3 extra years to claim a child. haha. my sister had 1 child with her first husband, and they took turns each year claiming her.
I am so glad! divorce doesn't have to be negative, or a huge disaster....it is just a changing/shifting of a relationship. I know I am lucky that my ex is not a flake, or psycho....he isn't perfect, he drinks too much, is irresponsible at times, doesn't have much drive....but I don't dwell on these things, I know he can still and IS a good, loving dad in spite of that. besides, what would that say about me if I suddenly hated and treated this man poorly, or him...
I don't remember any titles, but I read MANY books in the few months I was considering leaving my marriage. They all said the same thing, kids have better outcomes when the ease is slow and gentle, and when the parents stay PARTNERS (in parenting) So we still lived in the same home (as roommates) for a few months, the kids getting used to the new dynamic....he started seeing a woman seriously, and she would slowly come around. The best thing was that we never...
didn't read all the responses, but I went to school at night when I sensed a change in our life, my stbx was slowing down/work wise, and I was slowing down/him wise I got a crappy Associates, though, the lowest paying there is, so don't make that mistake. But I am still glad I did it, because when I was graduating, my stbx totally stopped working/business went under, so I stayed for a year and supported us while he went to school. He just graduated, and I moved out. ...
good luck, please update!
Hello! I am Melanie...I have been on MDC since my first was born 6 1/2 years ago (wow). I am a new single mom, its been a few months. I have a 3yr old and the 6yr old. my stbx and I were together for 14 years, married for over 10. its just didn't work out. I was bored, I didn't think we were 'going' anywhere....I started to feel very sibling-like towards him. He started getting more and more irresponsible towards the end (the last few years). so many things split us...
my children are 3 and 6, so a bit older than what you are talking about, but we do an exact 50/50 split. my ex can't be away from them as much as i can't, so this works well for us. its only been a few months since we split, though. we do every other weekend, then 2 weekdays each. we live a few miles from each other. I work midnights so he actually has the kids a bit more than me right now, but i start a regular 8-5 no weekends job next week, so I will drop them off...