or Connect

Posts by MelMel

.....um, how about getting a call the day before that your 14yr niece, who you are guardian of, because you love her and are trying to help her since she has 'issues' with her own family.... was arrested/detained at your local neighborhood grocery store for shoplifting....so you have to go get her out and pay them $80 to release her. So my dh this morning gives me a huge heart shaped box of chocolates that he forgot in his van last night (he had to go pick her up and...
we bought this home a few months ago, but have been living here about a month...dh took a few weeks installing the woodburner. He built a raised base and tiled the base and the wall, to help protect it from the heat. Its about 2 feet away from the walls. We have a 4 yr old and a 15 month old. We havent needed anything to sheild or protect our children. My 4 yr old, Veronica, was burned on her back. She was standing on the base and actually leaned back against the...
my moms in Cleveland and it took her 3X as long to get home from work (she works downtown for the city..shovels city hall, even, sometimes) I am in Akron and EVERYTHING is closed. Our libraries, the grocery store closed early, my evening sessions at school....and everyone is closed tommorrow. We are just covered with snow. It's about time! Hope to get some pretty pictures of our log cabin tommorrow...covered in snow with smoke comin out of the chimney (we just moved...
It sounds like you feel strongly about it, so if I were you I would just skip the event. We didn't have refined sugar for a long time, we buy it and use it sparingly now (financial reasons, mostly) and I let the kids have treats if they are offered, but really try to avoid them. They can have anything someone else around them is having....I don't think its fair to exclude them blatantly. I am a sucker, though. I understand how dangerous sugar is for the body, how...
I have temporary guardianship of my niece, who is 14. Poor attitude, 'bad' in school...etc, etc. It had blown up at home, with her mother, who seemed to only fuel it...so I have her here with me and my family. So she has been here a few months, and its starting again. She has been in the school since the beggining of January, and constantly complains about the math teacher. Today her principal calls me because she 'had' to give Carly an in school suspension for the...
I also use mason or jelly jars. If you don't already have left over ones from pb or jelly, you can buy a box of them in pint size for $3 or so...much cheaper than tupperware, gladware, or even pyrex (pyrex still has plastic lids, too) I go to night school and take dinner to heat up there, and putting a jar in a bummis tote or cloth bag and using the microwave at school is very easy...I eat it right out of the jar.
um.....no. I am not good at doing what I am told, according to my mother
Quote: Originally Posted by Meksmama My mom just called stating someone at her work told her black pepper never leaves your system once you eat it. It stays in your body and can't be broke down. Does anyone know if this is accurate or a myth??? TIA if it can't be broken down than it passes straight down....and out
yes, how did the party go??
We are gunna book a quick trip in a month for a 6 days. Just hotel (we can drive there) I scanned a few discount reservations sites that came up in a Google search, and wasn't impressed with any of them. Then I remembered Expedia and went there, they had lots more accurate information, opinions, reviews, ratings....and the prices on the rooms were great (I was able to compare the same Hotels at all the travel places) nearly half price for some of them. Besides...