or Connect

Posts by sexysisam

Okay, so, I haven't been keeping up day by day because life got crazy. But this is the first month I've been under budget in a LONG time...like years. We even bought half a cow and kept it in budget. I did go to Taco Bell yesterday because I was craving it, but that's my only unnecessary spend. Pretty good. All the rest of the month has been surprisingly on budget. I credit that to putting my budget on my ipad mini, every time we spend a dime it goes right in. It...
7. PT conferences today. *I* didn't spend anything unbudgeted, buy my husband bought DS a book at the book fair $10 and then treats at the store $8 and then the babysitter $10. I paid for our sparkle stories subscription $15 and preschool $85...all in the budget. Made a double batch GF waffles to freeze for DH breakfasts and sewed on some curtains today. 8. DH got an oil change $46...budgeted. Cloth diapered DD today and did more curtain sewing. Curtains all done! 9. DH...
7. PT conferences today. *I* didn't spend anything unbudgeted, buy my husband bought DS a book at the book fair $10 and then treats at the store $8 and then the babysitter $10. I paid for our sparkle stories subscription $15 and preschool $85...all in the budget. Made a double batch GF waffles to freeze for DH breakfasts and sewed on some curtains today. 8. DH got an oil change $46...budgeted. Cloth diapered DD today and did more curtain sewing. Curtains all done! 9. DH...
Azure pick up today. Got raw milk cheese, sweet brown rice, some herbs, carrots, celery, and canned chicken. Came in $3 under my coop budget so I'm pretty pleased. Tried to be frugal and snake my bathroom drain. Didn't work. Might have to bite the bullet and get our drain situation taken care of once and for all. At least it's something we can put off...a little. Made some GF scones for breakfast that were well received. Started knitting dd a wool vest for next...
Seriously! I've had zero no-spend days. Hopefully I at least get in a couple this month. I do have to say that checking in and telling what I spend DOES keep me from spending more than I have. So that's good. 7. PT conferences today. *I* didn't spend anything unbudgeted, buy my husband bought DS a book at the book fair $10 and then treats at the store $8 and then the babysitter $10. I paid for our sparkle stories subscription $15 and preschool $85...all in the...
Honeybee those cookies look delish. I might have to make them. Have you checked out King Arthur Flour's gluten free recipes? They have some of my favorite goodies...like the brownies, yum.
Such a great thread. So many good ideas. I love the idea of intentionally doing something frugal every day. I am Mimi, sahm to 3 kids with another one coming in May/June. I already did my big monthly shop ($300) so all I have for the rest of the month is my Azure Standard pick up on Monday, fondue stuff to get for V-day, raw milk from the farm, and prob some buckwheat for making waffles. I find it best if I just stay OUT of stores so I've started doing all my grocery...
Thanks Natalie for your descriptive reply!  We actually bid on a house out there in City Center and someone beat us to it.  After driving out there to look at the houses I told my husband the only way I'd drive out there is if there was considerable property to go with the house.  It took us like an hour to get out there from Sandy and my husband sometimes works in Ogden or Brigham City.  Whew.   So I think we are done out there unless another house with a big yard...
Does anyone live there or know someone that does?   We are thinking of buying a home out there and we're wondering how it is.  I'm trying to get a hold of the HOA (Quality Management) to see if we could have fruit trees and a garden, etc but they aren't answering their phone and the message box is full (always a good sign).   The house looks great and there are a lot of them for sale out there - mostly short sales.   So...anyone have any input?