or Connect

Posts by amandaleigh37

#1 - induced @ 40w3d #2 - homebirth @ 40w6d
My son is 6 mos. and we are planning on doing BLW, but we are now getting an insane amount of jarred baby food from WIC. I do plan to use it in cooking, sauces, mixing in yogurt, etc... My question is: It appears I can choose either Gerber, BeechNut, or Nature's Goodness brands. I never bought jarred food for my older son, so this is new to me. Are all 3 brands the same? Gerber is a Nestle brand, correct? So I don't want to buy that. As for the other 2 - is one better...
Really cute and for that price? Heck yeah I'd buy them Go for it. I just started selling on etsy 2 weeks ago, and that's just how it started. we made some things for my kids and decided to list them and see how it went... It's going GREAT! We've made about a sale a day so far. Photos are a big deal. I second the pp, natural light is best. Get some pics of them on a baby. Spend some time looking on etsy to see what the successful shops look like, and go from there. With...
Quote: i believe everything intended for a child under 12 must have a label? I know i had to buy and attach labels to all of my items. That seems right, from what I've read today... (could this whole thing be any more ridiculous though?! Ugh!) So I am thinking of just woodburning the web address and month/year on the back corner of my items to cover the "label" thing. Quote: That being said, certain items are currently exempt from...
Yeah, I definitely do not have a "required safety statement" because I have absolutely no idea what it is, who is requiring it, etc.?? But the question is making me wonder if this is something I am supposed to have. Am I right that it is referring to the CPSIA law? I'm reading up on the etsy forums now about it, but so confused... I just posted there so hopefully I can figure out if/how it affects me.
Help?? I got another message today from someone inquiring about wholesale, and I have no idea what this means (I'm brand new to all this remember...) "Do you sell these wholesale or at a discount so I could retail them? Also, do you have the necessary safety statement that is now necessary? I thank you in advance!" What "necessary safety statement"??? I've had items listed for a week. This is a wooden puzzle that she is asking about.
lilyka, Thanks for replying... and the good advice. I will ask more questions & see what she says! I feel a little overwhelmed with this. I feel like we just kind of took a chance by starting this up & it's such an awesome feeling to sell something we made! Like wow someone likes this stuff other than us! haha Sending you a PM!
Hello etsy mamas I'm not new to MDC, but have a new etsy endeavor and new to this thread! My DH and I thought we'd list a few things on etsy, just for fun really... and were shocked to have 5 sales in our first week. So I have lots to learn and I'm sure I will be hanging around this thread to learn from you experts. One question I have - Like I said, our shop has only had items listed for just over a week. I've received 2 convos from people that I am not sure how to...
We have this struggle with my 3yo. I've had success with being silly, like holding up his shirt and saying "Here, put your pants on." ("No that's my shirt!") "No, come on, these are your pants. Step in!" (*laughing* Nooo it's a shirt!") "Are you sure?? I dont' think so... How does it go?" "Oooh it goes on your ARMS?? Wow! It really is a shirt! Ok, now let's put on your mittens (socks).. Kind of silly and usually keeps us both in a lighthearted mood...
Biggest help was when my 2yo could put his own shoes on. Getting out the door became a whole new ballgame when the baby came