or Connect

Posts by amandaleigh37

The ad was in a magazine. One that I'm sure most of you read... *ahem*
Quote: The baby WILL know. Babies are learning to trust their parents. Toddlers already do or don't. If you neglect the baby to tend to the 2-year-old (and we all know how immediate their needs can be - ahem!), the baby will start to think he doesn't matter and learn that when he cries, no one helps him. Who is talking about "neglect"? Neglect would be leaving a crying baby in a room by himself and ignoring him. I am pretty sure none of us are talking...
So with all the talk of deceptive formula advertising... maybe it's just me but something seems very wrong to me about places like Prolacta using sneaky advertising to get donors. You know, pictures of sick babies... "Your milk could save lives" type of talk. With a tiny, almost invisible "for profit bank" printed in the corner. I just saw one of these emotionally-charged ads pop up somewhere and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I know a little bit about...
Thanks for the reply, Addy's Mom. You were right, the doc did give us a script for abx ointment. He said there is no good way to tell which kind it is. I think I will give it another day or so, try some bm drops in the meantime, and keep the script in case we need it.
My 3yo has never been sick, aside from a stomach bug last winter for a few days. He's never had a sick dr. visit, but I am taking him in an hour because I am worried about his eyes. Started 2 days ago, yellowish discharge (no green) and very watery. Runny nose, slight cough, very unhappy child - asking to go to bed, etc. I wasn't worried until last night his face and eyelids were very puffy, but better this morning. Also while his eyeballs weren't red so far, today one...
I haven't read the thread, just the OP. I don't think your friend's comment was saying it's "ok to let the baby cry" at all. But when you have two children who both have an immediate need (which thankfully is not THAT often, at least in my experience so far), the reality is that you DO need to choose who to help first. Sometimes it will be the baby, sometimes it will be the toddler. So in that sense, I don't agree with her that it should ALWAYS be the older child, but I...
We had a bunch of blankets handy, kept him skin-to-skin on my chest with blanket around him, and if that blanket got wet or soiled just wiped him off & grabbed a new one. After a few hours, after we had a bath, then we put a diaper & sleeper on him... but no rush to do that
nak, haven't read the thread but here's my $0.02: I would drop it. I would not take her photo or try to coerce her into it. I think her trusting that her parents will respect her personal boundaries, at this age, is more important than the grandparents' desire for some photos. Can you ask her for some ideas of how SHE can help you put together the scrapbook, or things to send to relatives instead of photos? Maybe a letter from her would likely be just as appreciated...
Wonderful! I'm relieved that we had the same here. DH stood his ground and said that we were staying HOME for christmas day. We offered to get together with them yesterday, but they were busy with church. My parents are coming from out of town tomorrow, so our in-law "Christmas" will be on the 29th!! I can handle that. I think
How incredibly rude of them! I'm sorry that your celebration was cut short.. I hope you are able to enjoy yourself for the rest of they day. Don't feel bad at all, you did nothing wrong!