or Connect

Posts by homebirthing

Having actually sat with firefighters and ambulance crew as a midwife talking about out of home birth, I know that in the cities surrounding me, the average response time is three minutes. Having called 911 on occasion, the response time was about three minutes in our metro area. Whether or not that changes outside of the metro, I can't say. We have specific terminology we say in a situation that needs immediate hospital attention. I do believe that all women have a right...
In theory being within 20-30 minutes for homebirth sounds great! In reality, a big part of the women who are served best by homebirth live in small rural communities and have many children. A lot of these women would end up birthing in the buggy on the way to the hospital. I really don't get how ANY midwife would be at home unassisted with a baby of an APGAR of zero outside of extreme circumstances like no phone reception or a complete lack of skill and or understanding...
I wonder how many of these births take place in a metro area. I can't imagine any circumstance in which I would ever be with a baby with a zero apgar at five minutes without already being in the middle of a transport to the hospital. Every midwife here is trained in neonatal resuscitation and 911 is called within 2 minutes if a baby is unresponsive. I haven't ever had this scenario happen, thank goodness. I think it is odd that the numbers are so high. I would think that...
Trillium Midwifery group sounds like it might be a great fit! There is a CPM and a CNM. They seem like they would be very good at being middle ground (as hands on or hands off as you need them to be). One thing might be that they could be full. I know that they try to stay within a certain amount of births a month, and I am not sure where they are at with that. I would give them a call and ask!    It also depends on where you live. There are some amazing midwives on...
I went a full month past where you are with most of my babies and they were all within normal gestational age. Let the baby decide! 
Yes, it sounds like you are a great canidate for a VBA2C. 
I would avoid East Saint Paul and the north side of Saint Paul. Como area is really nice, and MacGroveland area, Highland area, (these are the more expensive areas). I am in W St Paul and we love it over here! 
The Twin Cities API group has a ton of playgroups that you can be a part of. I would look into that, it is a lot of fun and there are great women and kids!    Sarah 
Miscarriage. I am adding it to my website and I need a lot of help with it. It is a huge deal and I want to do it right. I have actually been sitting on the project for over a year because I am nervous. I am sorry if this is being posted in the wrong area, but I didn't want to post this in the I'm Pregnant area.  What I am looking for:  Stories from women who have gone through it and have a story that they want to tell. I want to address the stigma surrounding...
I would say that I probably get a gift from one out of every ten families. I don't ever expect it, and it is always such a surprise to me. I have received everything from hand knit mittens, to necklaces, to coffee shop GC's (Love those!!) to tips. I love to get a card, even at Christmas or a birthday. It is never expected though.