or Connect

Posts by bluebunny

I think your body gains what it needs to.  I have weighed varying amounts beginning each pregnancy but on delivery day, I am about the same weight every time within 2 pounds.  Actually, with my second, I started out a smaller weight but halfway thru my doc said I was gaining too much so she checked how much I weighed with my first at that same gestation and it was the same!  Different start amounts, same ending amounts.  Weird, huh?   Right now I am four pounds...
I failed the one-hour GTT on Tuesday and took the three-hour today.  I absolutely panicked when the nurse told me that I failed the one-hour.  This is my sixth pregnancy (fourth to go to third trimester) and I passed the GTT on the others.  What is strange is that I actually had a feeling I would fail the one-hour.  I haven't felt as well this pregnancy as I did with the others.   I was so afraid of fasting and then having to get blood drawn four times.  (I am a bad...
Hi everyone!  This is my sixth pregnancy.  I have three living children.  My first pregnancy was a blighted ovum not discovered until 11 weeks.  My fourth pregnancy was a second trimester loss, which we think was a cord accident.  My youngest child is 16 months.  This pregnancy was not planned.  We thought we were done with three living children.  My second trimester loss was so hard on me and DH.  The next pregnancy (our youngest) was largely uneventful but...
I'm up in the air.  We didn't find out with our first but did with the next two.  I kindof want to wait and be surprised at the birth but a little part of me wants to have the gender specific clothes washed and ready.  We won't be decorating a nursery since the baby will sleep with us so that isn't a factor at all.
Stop beating yourself up.  You apologized for losing your temper.  You absolutely did the right thing by letting your nanny go.  It was past time to do that.  And you and your DH are overly generous by giving her 4 weeks severance.  I would move on.  You need to put your energy into finding a reliable employee.  I almost guarantee that when you find one, you will wonder why it took you so long to fire the first. 
I'm confused.  At six weeks, the placenta hasn't formed, yet.  A six-week ultrasound would show a baby (albeit small) and the yolk sac.  What am I missing?
My understanding of the reasoning behind having pap smears be standard at the first pregnancy visit is because they are suggested yearly and since a woman is pregnant about ten months, it makes sense to do it then.  Do you get paps otherwise? What is your reasoning for not wanting one?    As someone who has had friends deal with cervical cancer, I think pap smears are extremely important. 
Definitely sounds like the right decision, especially after trying to make it work for so many months.  GL!
We're expecting number four and I'm scared!   I voted that going from one to two was the hardest but that is probably more guilt talking than anything.  My oldest two are 26 months apart and I weaned the oldest while pregnant, which I still regret.  I think he felt pushed out by the baby (and still does, subconsciously).  I still feel guilty about spacing them so close.    When number three arrived, the other two were 5 and 3 and I felt that that was more...
Sad situation.  My children are in multi-age classrooms, too (ages 3-6, Montessori) and I have NEVER seen what you have described.  Not to say that it doesn't happen but this is my fourth year as a parent with a child in a multi-age classroom.  I wonder if it has less to do with the children and more to do with adult supervision.  I know that the behavior you describe would not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form at my children's school.  The older children pride...