or Connect

Posts by jenndr

Hi, I have heard but I don't know if it is true that the homebirth midwives in Santa Barbara are now going to consider doing VBAC's since Cottage Hospital has stopped allowing VBAC. Goleta Valley Hospital (the other local hospital in Santa Barbara) also does not do VBAC. I would check out a local homebirth midwife and ask if they attend VBAC and if not ask for their help in helping you to find a midwife who does. When I had my son (he's 2 1/2) the Santa Barbara...
Well I think I miss spoke. It isn't that Katie know how to read to move up, but that she is getting the concept of the works leading up to reading and is showing progress toward reading. At the moment she has been working on it since the school year started and hasn't been showing much progress. My thinking, probably along with many of you, is that she just isn't ready. There is a pretty wide range for readiness for reading. She certainly is progressing quickly in math....
Hello, my name is Jennifer and I lurk a lot and post every once in a while. My daughter is 5 1/2 she'll by 6 the middle of September right after the school year starts. She's in a Montessori school where the grades run: Primary 3-6 Lower Elementary 6-9 Upper Elementary 9-12. Katie has been in primary for 3 years and the teacher is recommending she stay another. I was thinking with a Montessori school this might not be such and issue or stigma. My husband really hates...
Sometimes too, I think kids say things like this so we will reassure them of the opposite. Whenever my daghter says things like "Go away " or "I don't want you" I always remind her of a nicer way to ask me to leave like " It would be nicer if you told me you need some alone time or quiet time right now and I always want you and love you when I'm with you or away". If she tells me she hates me I always tell her "that's fine and I always love you" We usually talk about...
This thread has long since ended but since reading through it I've had several discussions about varying school philosophies with several people and just wanted to share. Hope this is useful for anyone looking for a school. I just wanted to point out that given that most all of the people here whether pro or con Waldorf schools in general all attended "different" Waldorf schools. Everyone here can all be telling the absolute truth as they know it. Waldorf schooling...
This thread has long since ended but since reading through it I've had several discussions about varying school philosophies with several people and just wanted to share. Hope this is useful for anyone looking for a school. I just wanted to point out that given that most all of the people here whether pro or con Waldorf schools in general all attended "different" Waldorf schools. Everyone here can all be telling the absolute truth as they know it. Waldorf schooling...
Quote: Originally posted by Breathe Keep it comin', jenndr -- you fit right in here! (and what does nak stand for? nursing a kid?) Than k you so mucyuh I'm nak (nursing at the keyboard) now. didnt edit to show jusat how not really an option this is for me. As Ben keep kicking the keyboard out of my reach Jenn
Quote: Originally posted by Breathe Mamasoleil, that's exactly the quote I wanted to talk about -- I agree with it wholeheartedly and find it validating . . . BUT, they also say "We also have to be whole ourselves, each his or her own person, with a life of own, so that when they look at us, they will be able to see our wholeness against the sky." (p.4) And does this mean that ds won't be able to see me as a "whole" person? : I was...