or Connect

Posts by mamasthree

I will chime in as to the comfort on long rides....the nautilus does not work for us in that respect.  Terrible head droop.  How big is your 3 year old?  If he is average, then the Marathon will likely last until at least 5, maybe 6.  I have a 4 year old that has tons of room to grow in our old style Marathon, and she is above average height (most kids will outgrow the seat by height).   The new marathons are shorter, but not by much.    I'd look at the Maestro in...
We have a ComfortSport in Grammie's car and DD4, who just turned 2, has been RF in it.  She made it to 2 RF (surprised, she is taller than average)....but did finally outgrow it by height, so I turned her around in it today....it seems she has almost outgrown it FF!  Is this likely?  The top slot seems to be right at her shoulders.  The fit is quite different FF than RF--she had 1" of shell over her head RF, but FF her head is even and maybe even a little above the...
I'd look at the Evenflo Maestro for your FF DD2 and keep the booster for DD1.  DD3 in the Scenera RF.  Are you looking for an infant seat (bucket style) or a convertible that will fit from birth?   We have a Maestro as a backup seat in Grammie's car...I really like it and it's only $80. 
Our radian does not fit at all RF on the bench seat 3rd row of our suburban--it is just crazy reclined, the seat of the car is very flat.  I would really like to continue RF my nearly 2 year old, but need to move her to the back seat.  It has to go in the middle...no room behind the captain chairs in the 2nd row.  UGH!  I have a marathon (it's what she uses now), but the radian FF for my 4 year old doesn't fit next to it in the back.  Plus, the Marathon's base covers the...
For my dd who is just over 4 years, I went ahead and bought a turbobooster (we are in the US, she is about 38 lbs.).  I still have her harnessed seat installed and we use that for longer trips.  We have used the booster for short, in-town trips and she has done very well with it.     I guess in your circumstance, you could try the seat in booster mode for short trips, putting the shield back on for longer ones?  I'm not very familiar with those types of seats, so...
they meet the same safety standards....but that doesn't necessarily mean that some aren't better than others, right? Maybe I'm just not understanding, but it seems very likely that some seats would outperform others in severity of injuries, types of injuries, etc. We just don't have access to anything but the base information. thoughts? I find this an interesting topic!
The one they had at sale at Target was the Roundabout 50--a great deal, IMO, for $99 (I saw that too). I for one love my Britax seats. Super comfy, easy to install in any vehicle I've tried, and last RF long enough for my kids (average dd3 at just turned 4 actually still fits by height, but is over our old Marathon's 33 lb RF limit). It will last until 5-6 FF for most kids. DD4 (21 mos.) is still RF and has plenty of room--she will definitely make it to 3. Not the...
We have this set...I got it at TJ Maxx. Hearthsong has a ladybug set.
I don't think there is a keyed shutoff...I'd have to check. The center adjusts with the driver side of the seat--I think, LOL. My DH is out camping with DD #2, we're meeting up with them today...I'll check then!
WWYD if your family wanted to go on a camping trip, and the truck you haul your camper with has 6 seats (it's a Chevy quad cab)....but the front middle seat is a lap only belt and the manual says no carseat can go there. Why not, do you think? B/C of airbags? 2 adults, 2 kids in regular seats (12 and 10 1/2), 1 FF harnessed 4 yo, 1 RF 21 mos. old. I guess we could take 2 vehicles, but that would really be a waste on a long trip (and we couldn't share drive time). ...