or Connect

Posts by mamasthree

I think it sounds normal. My almost 13 month old only nurses 3 times in 24 hours. I noticed with my last child and this one that it was around 10-12 months when my supply really evened out...no more nursing pads, leaking, fullness, etc.. Plenty of milk though.
I nightweaned dd#3 by myself when she was 15 months old. I just kept telling her that "mommy milk" was asleep. I would rock & cuddle her, and, yes, she would cry some, but never very long (though it seemed long, LOL). So we stopped nursing, but she still woke 1x a night until she was 2 and I had to rock her. Oh well! DD#4 still wakes several times a night to nurse and I think I'm going to have to do it all over again!
edited my original post to update my 2nd try--with pics...tell me what you think, oh Radian experts .
Also, thanks for your help!
I did a lot of reading (here & at car-seat.org) before I decided on it, so I knew ahead of time it would be 'iffy'.... I tried just a regular install, no tricks/tips first, FF driver outboard (tether location is here) in the 3rd row. Then I tinkered with the recline, pulling the back of the seat away from the seat bight some, raised the headrest, lowered the headrest, anything I could think of. Then I tried twisting the belt stalk--I can only twist it 2 times, and...
Ordered the Radian XT and it came yesterday--wow is that thing heavy. I do like it, though it is quite different than the Britaxes I currently have. It does not, however, fit in my car where I need it to . I need it to go FF in the 3rd row. It just will not work with my seats/belts. I drive an '08 Suburban for those interested. **UPDATE -- ok, so I tried again, using everyone's tips. Belt path movement is virtually nil, so that is good. I'm unsure about where...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl I'm not a huge fan personally. The only thing I really like about it is that it also fits in my Chicco stroller. DS is almost too big for it now...and he just turned 6 months old. And if you do decide to carry it around...the combined weight of seat and child is heaaavy. I think my kid is about 20lbs? I find out tomorrow :P. yeah, I found it too heavy to carry after about 6 months. I just left...
my 1 year old still fits in hers with a little room to grow heightwise. she is about 80th percentile for height. she weighs 24 lbs and I expect she'll outgrow it heightwise in the next couple of months.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carhootel I remember our baby sign language teacher saying that it's also common when they learn one sign (usually milk) to sign that for everything, or for everything they want - including mommy. It sounds like you all are doing great and I'd just keep doing what you're doing. this is what our youngest dd did, too...she learned more, and then started signing that for everything! she eventually figured it out, but...
DD3--Chicco Keyfit from birth to about 9 months, Marathon RF to about 18 mos. (didn't know about ERF, thought I was doing great RF to that age!), Marathon FF (current seat) getting ready to move her to our new Radian XT that is on the way! We may try RF her, but probably FF since she is over 3 and has been FF for so long. DD4--Chicco Keyfit from birth to about 7 months (she still fits in it at 1 year, and my mom uses it on the rare occasion she takes DD4 anywhere),...