or Connect

Posts by holyhelianthus

I'm really enjoying this conversation! I don't know how much I have to add.       Love this, Nicole! Thank you!    Another thing that pops into my head is that awesome verse in Timothy (1:7): For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Amen to that. Fear can serve as a warning but not always. What God has fortified us with is our own power, love, and a sound mind.    For me I have "sensed" spirits or whatever else they may...
I want to comment on the current discussion but I need to get dinner started. I poped by to offer a link to a fascinating small book with some nice lessons on meditation and work on the self. It's a bit of the Feri tradition of witchcraft but it's not exactly like Wicca/witchcraft 101 or anything. Anywho while I was reading the meditations and some of the work done I thought of this thread especially because of the work revolving around cleansing oneself of sexual...
I went ahead and signed up, too. Couldn't hurt. You had me at free and Alice Walker. 
Thanks for starting this!   I was wondering if anyone would like to share what their yoga routine looks like. Do you have a set time of practice? Do you plan out what it is you will be doing or just go with the flow with it? etc etc    Thanks! 
I would love to discuss this some more. Especially curious as to what everyone does for their daily practice. 
Ayup. But take into account who is at the reins- Sally Fallon. :/  
Sorry for the serial posting but I just remembered something- when I was first thinking about this I ventured to the TF forum to talk about it (a few years ago) and that's when it was made clear to me that there is a difference between the WAP crowd and the NT/Sally Fallon crowd. The WAP crowd is actually pretty plant based. They also told me that WAP did study a vegetarian culture (I think that may have been talked about a bit in the thread I linked to above). A lot of...
Oh and I should add that soaking our beans and legumes has greatly reduced our gas issues. I use to either not soak them at all or just use the quick soak method. Now I soak them overnight (or a bit longer) with a touch of vinegar and it does wonders. Funny enough I learned this from a grandmother originally not from any WAP book or site.      Nicole said: I think this is just it- TF/NT/WAP gets a bit too excessive with some of these foods. I totally think soaking is...
While I don't think soaking is a must I have to admit that since we started soaking our grains about a month ago it's been amazing! Not health wise- I don't notice much of a difference- but taste and texture-wise. It's been so good a loaf disappears within an hour. I did make great bread before but this just takes the cake. For one when I made whole grain bread before it was super dense. Now that I soak it is light and fluffy- so much so that my typical recipe now...
I find that so funny about people- when it's their own it's perfectly fine. A woman was telling me about her daughter having her 10th and was just beaming with joy. Then I told her I was pregnant with my third and she was like "you know how that happens, right? Are you going to be done after this one?"