or Connect

Posts by holyhelianthus

This. It's black and white thinking to cherry pick verses and then say "so all the Bible is a bad, dangerous, violent book and Christianity is the same!" That's just not the case. Again, context is everything. It depends on who said it and why and what they may or may not have meant by it. The dangerous thing is reading the Bible and taking it word for word in it's most literal form. But, for the most part, Christians are asked to not only read but to also ponder and...
It's also not going to go away by limiting family size. That might actually make matters worse. When you really think about it the issue with what we face in this world with depleting and damaged supplies of resources is overconsumption not overpopulation. As it stands some nations are facing issue with dwindling populations. What has changed over time is not that people are having more children but that 1) we are consuming ridiculous amounts and 2) we have advanced...
I love you so much for this! DH and I are 25 and have 5 children (including twins) and we get crap like this all.of.the.time. As if our lives are somehow other people's business. My favorite is "do they all have the same father?" Look, first of all that is a horrible question to ask. So what if they didn't? Would that make them less worthy to be here? Would I be less of a mother? Second of all this is the 21st century. We are an interracial family and it shows. Yes they...
This is my question as well.    It kind of sounds like you are coming out of the honeymoon phase and realizing your new husband snores and doesn't rinse his dinner dishes. Of course I could be wrong.    With things like this it's so important that we clear our heads of any outside influence and just let our spirit and the Spirit lead us. This take time, patience, and a lot of inflection. I would definitely give it time, though, before making any major decision.   
I have really noticed this, too. I am a strong willed and hard headed woman and when I have chosen to submit to the will of my husband or children or uncontrollable force (etc etc) I have found that that lesson has made submission to God and His plan more accessible for me. You have to be humble in order to practice humility.    As far as the bolded bit goes I very much agree. 
Thank you, Bluegoat. I agree with a lot of what you said and you have given me a bit of food for thought. 
      Wow. I love this. Thanks for sharing. 
Your set up seems fine. If your daughter is scared you may be able to do a slower easier transition that she finds less stressful.    We live in a small 3 bedroom home with 5 little girls (ages 7 to 20 months). The oldest 3 share one room and the twins are in another. For the 3 older girls we have a trundle daybed type of thing. The trundle goes away during the day so they have plenty of room to play. The third bed is situated between the wall and the other bed as a...
Wait a minute... are you my super awesome friend from EM, Amatullah? The one that I stalk on Facebook but don't talk to nearly enough? If not please excuse my crazy ;)   Thanks so much for everyone's input. The thing about identity is fascinating. I'm going to have to think on that a bit more. I have to say it clicks a bit more for me now from that perspective. 
Yes, I am very interested as well! I will share some of the beliefs and practices in the Bible I have issues as well with as I am very interested in some alternative views on them:   Women being "unclean" during menstruation.  Women being told to submit to their husbands but men told only to love- is this a bit of separate but equal (and how is it equal?) or does "love" require a level of submission as well? Meaning are men also being asked to submit?  Eve being "cursed"...