or Connect

Posts by jennyfah

I'm going to start taking it orally and vaginally now.  I would have taken it sooner but I kept forgetting!  I would be happy if this baby decided to come before its brothers did at 41+ so anything that could encourage some cervical ripening is welcome at this point.   (I was 38 weeks on Friday.)   
*smacks forehead*  Oh, I knew that and I forgot.  I'm sorry!  Yes, of course you should invite whomever you want, but let them know that some or all of them might have to leave, at least for a while----just in case you need your space.  
Doula giving advice here:  Just keep in mind that labor and birth are functions of the parasympathetic nervous system, the same system responsible for orgasm.  (And the ideal conditions for spontaneous birth are usually similar to ones that you feel you could have an orgasm in.)  Those conditions vary for everyone, but you might want to let people know ahead of time that it's possible that you or DP might be asking them to leave the room, and to please please not take it...
Does anyone else feel like her face changes during pregnancy, especially at the end?  I feel like I have this weird, distorted, not-me chubby face----and it's not just that I've gained weight in my face, more like my nose got wider and my chin got bigger.   I saw a picture of myself the other day and I was like "Whoa, do I actually look like that?"  I remember seeing pictures of myself when I was pregnant last time and thinking the same thing.  The good news is that...
           Welcome, baby!!!!          
Bree, awesome summary of the research! Here's why I would decline IV antibiotics in favor of doing a protocol to de-colonize unhealthy bacteria and colonize good bacteria:   Systemic antibiotics are a big deal to your body, especially when given via IV.  Our bodies depend on healthy bacteria for survival and a huge part of our immune system resides in our gut.  I always try to avoid antibiotics----I'm not "anti" antibiotics, but I try to reserve them for severe...
My new favorite answer to this question is going to be, "Now.  Ouch, I think I'm having a contraction" just to watch their eyes pop out of their heads.  
This is sorta of OT, but I thought I would mention it:  if you have a nice bed skirt that you're fond of, it's not a bad idea to take it off if you'll be birthing in your bedroom (or there immediately postpartum).  Some of them don't wash up too well, and it's amazing how blood can just get everywhere after a birth, especially getting in and out of bed.  I was at a birth last month, and glanced down after helping mom out of bed to notice some big drips on the bed skirt....
I'll probably start sleeping on the waterproof cosleeping pad soon, just in case.  I've never had ROM as a start to either of my other labors, but I guess there is a first time for everything!  We have a spendy mattress that needs to last us another ten years.  I could probably get just about any stain out with the Spot Bot, but I'm guessing it won't be on the top of my priority list and I don' t know that DH would remember to do it, so I figure prevention is best.  IME...