or Connect

Posts by nuwavemomma

Subbing! My kindergartner's old preschool teachers are retiring and I'm reeling a little that my nearly 3-year-old won't be able to have them. On the hunt....
Just wanted to say thank you. I came here specifically looking for a name, and her bio sounded very promising. She must be popular, because her first opening wasn't for 3 months! Anyway, thanks. :)  
Natura lost theirs due to a May frost. Anyone know a farm that does actually have some off hand before I start calling?
Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS Native? don't know what the heck that is supposed to mean. Overgrowth of something that is supposed to be there? How is an antibiotic treatment recommended w/o knowing what you are trying to kill off? Well that is good re: symptoms. Then gut healing measures will probably have a good chance of helping. Re: Xifaxan 36% improvement but needing more at the 2-3 month mark. Seems ridiculous to me to say this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by tanyalynn Our bodies actively hold most minerals at fairly level amounts in our bloodstream--it's important for our bodies to function properly--and most minerals in milk correspond to the levels in our blood. For most minerals, our milk only goes low when mom is deficient herself. A few minerals, and many of the vitamins, fluctuate quite a bit in our blood levels, and in breastmilk (think of all the threads from pumping...
IMO unless you are reacting to your current products, your skin is telling you something about your health and it would be prudent to work on that question rather than treat the symptoms. That said, most products tinker with your natural acid mantle and exacerbate the problem. I thought I had oily skin until I stopped washing my face with anything other than water and a Jane Iredale microfiber mitt. I've changed my diet and lifestyle and now I only need a moisturizer...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pandme eta: From Kellymom: "Note: Additional iron intake by the mother will not increase iron levels in breastmilk, even if the mother is anemic." This confuses the living you know what outta me. How on earth can that be true??? I'll have to go poke around there, because that's going to bother me until I understand why they'd say that. Until I saw that I was going to say that I personally would get my own iron...
Wow, thanks for all your thoughts! Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS Yes it sounds bacterial. It certainly could be c. difficile. The only probiotics I know of with clinical studies showing effectiveness at reducing c. difficile is Pharmax Intensive and VSL3. The latter can be had by prescription so I think it might be worth it to ask your dr. for that one as it may be covered by Medicaid. Also the beneficial yeast, Saccharomyces boulardii maybe...
Hi, I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I've had symptoms for a year now. Initially, I had 6+ episodes of intense cramping burning generalized abdominal pain, enough to send me to the hospital for pain meds. Couldn't see any rhyme or reason to when the attacks were happening except that fiber was an extreme exacerbator. The pain of the attacks lessened in severity and then I spent months with painful attacks at home, unable to parent. Heat helped. Settled into...
I thought for sure there'd be a thread somewhere discussing something to do with this topic.... but no. So I just got these results back after dealing with symptoms for a year now. This test was a last ditch effort, after the GI Dr. got his endoscopy and all that... :/ Anyway, they are wanting to wipe out the slate with abx and then start me on a massive probiotic routine. I tend to feel abx is not the way to go, but then again, I don't know what specific bacteria is...